3rd Ashes Test: England V Australia 29th July

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnson

Been not much crack about this

Finn and Bairstow in for England, Aussies unchanged

Big ask for England now their quicks are in form

Big thing will be the pitch, I know it shouldn't matter as much, but we don't have the pace to take the pitch out of the picture, so we need a seaming wicket that encourages good accurate seam bowling

Still not convinced by their batting lineup, lots of them have struggled, get after Rodgers early and somehow get Smith out and you are well in the game

We have lost already so we may as well not bother turning up.

We haven't picked our best player because the choirboy doesn't like him, but was too soft to do anything, so got the head boy in to sort it out.

4-1 Australia. Fact

We haven't picked our best player because the choirboy doesn't like him, but was too soft to do anything, so got the head boy in to sort it out.

4-1 Australia. Fact
Arrg! I've just caught up with the 'head boy' thing and now there's a 'choir boy' too, this is like the cast of characters from an Agatha Christie novel, next there'll be a knock on the door and it will be the Vicar.

4-1 Australia. Fact

I enjoy the sarcasm but would also be interested on your own opinion sometimes!

Hope Finn doesn't come in. If Wood doesn't make it, bring Rashid in.

Does anyone have a stat for our win/loss ratio when it comes to winning and losing the toss?

It seems our entire game hinges on winning it sometimes.

toss so important these days, as bad as England were at Lords, and they were awful, I still think they could of won if they won the toss

Darren Gough on talksport reckons they will just strap up Woods ankle and he will play

Not if he's not fit, leave him for Nottingham

He shouldn't of been playing at Lords

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd agree. If he's not fit I'd rather Finn than a 80mph Wood.

Yeah Wood only players if he is bowling quick

I don't think Finn should be in the team mind, but just picking from the squad that was selected

Is Plunkett crocked? Thought he might have had more of a look in so far...nowt against Finn, thought he bowled very well in the ODI's, but Plunks adds depth to batting which has traditionally been a big positive for the selectors.

Sick of 2005, but interesting to see what Warne and Pointing say here about the toss

Is Plunkett crocked? Thought he might have had more of a look in so far...nowt against Finn, thought he bowled very well in the ODI's, but Plunks adds depth to batting which has traditionally been a big positive for the selectors.

He has just hardly played this year at all, so very hard to pick him at the moment I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back