🗣️ Mike Dodds' Post-Match Thoughts

I dont really see him resigning helping any matters - we're down to the bare bones on the coaching side as well aren't we, so I'd guess Hayes or Proctor would step in unless Murty came in from the U21s.

He's clearly out of his depth though and the lack of experience on the pitch and the sidelines is really showing. Today was a total embarrassment and there wasn't a single positive.

Not listening to a word he has to say. So far out of his depth it's untrue. His master stroke of dropping Rigg and playing Roberts had the game lost inside half an hour. His boss Speakman is as big a problem. The owner needs to ditch them and employ people fit for the roles.

Things he should have done.
Sub Roberts after 30 minutes
Sub Ekwah after 40 then accommodate a system where we weren’t wide open.
Push Stykes forward and not leave him exposed.
He left them on, however
He didn’t make Roberts gift them 4 chances including two goals.
He didn’t choose to have two shite strikers on his bench.
He didn’t make Neil get bullied by our own box
He didn’t make Ekwah and 09 get bullied repeatedly
He didn’t make player after player dribble and lose it when there was a simple pass on then jog back as they sprinted.
He didn’t fall out with Mowbray and appoint Beale and make himself coach.
Some of the players and recruitment deserve it also, but it was a bad day for Dodds today and he Is out of his depth managing at this level.

Players are never gonna perform for an interim manager, especially when (I assume) they liked Tony Mowbray so much. Look at Man Utd under that German fella the other year, or was he Austrian? Anyway, bring in ten hag and you see…….well that’s not a good example. My point being, if there’s no long term plan, players won’t perform. Look at Chelsea under that Italian fella, di matteo, interim manager, well, no that’s not a good example either. Anyway, you see my point?

There are too many kids out there. How can Dodds dish out so much stick without questioning recruitment ? Answer, unlike Mowbray ... he is a yes man and a jobsworth.

Really glad I stopped watching them, wrote this season off weeks ago. I haven't even missed watching them to be honest but I will be next season in hoping we have better quality in the side. Waste of money to watch them at the minute.

Back