You're The Manager.....

I would try to sign Whittaker as a direct replacement, someone like Shankland or Hardie as striker and, surprisingly Gelhardt for the number 10 role. I criticised him plenty due to not being able to finish his dinner but he can play and I could see him in the “Gatesy” role.
Reckon about £20m would do it for those 3 and it would strengthen us.

I would try to sign Whittaker as a direct replacement, someone like Shankland or Hardie as striker and, surprisingly Gelhardt for the number 10 role. I criticised him plenty due to not being able to finish his dinner but he can play and I could see him in the “Gatesy” role.
Reckon about £20m would do it for those 3 and it would strengthen us.
Sensible and accurate targets. Whittaker and Hardie would improve us by quite a distance and very realistic targets, but Whittaker will cost £10m plus and be on the Premier radar. Szomdics might be £6-10m but should be top of our wish list.

I'll go for....
Nathaniel Adjei plays for Hammarby €2.5m
Lawrence Shankland plays for Hearts €2.5m
Miles Leaburn plays for Charlton £1m
Will Smallbone plays for Southampton €3.8m
Skelly Alvero plays for Lyon €4m
Sam Smodizcs plays for Blackburn €4.5m

That's £15.7m in total.

So you've taken all the fees from their "value" on transfermarkt, except for Clarke who's valued at €15m on there?

If thats the rules, I'll have:

Ben Sheaf €3.8m
Jonathan Rowe €7m
Will Keane €1m
Jamal Lowe €1.5m
Ryan Hardie €1.5m
Morgan Whittaker €6m
Alex Mowatt (free transfer)
Jake Cooper (free transfer)

DCM sorted. Experience sorted. Left winger replaced. Striker added. Right winger bonus. Keane and Lowe as wildcards from the bench to add squad depth (we now have about 42 players and a massive wage bill).

I know it's a hypotetical question, but selling Clarke for £20m isn't going to turn us into promotion challengers, we'll be lucky if we see £8m spent on transfer fees, we'd be better off keeping him if he'll stay. Obviously the fees will be undisclosed so that it takes us a while to realise we've bought another load of shite.

Last edited:
Paddy mcnair on a free assuming he doesnt extend

Cedric kipre

Tyrese campbell

All free transfers.

Id buy stansfield from brum a loan for Jebbison or even a bid for Moore, if he goes to ipswich full time try for broadhead or Hamedy.

A couple of prem loans, but more proven ones, and send Hemir, Triantis and hjelde out on loan.

Would any of these happen? Fuck knows. But we NEED championship experience.

Firstly we need a manager, Sheff weds one will do. If we cant entice Potter, which we probably cant.

I'll go for....

That's £15.7m in total.
Smodizics for £4.5m, I’ll take 3 of them please.
You must have missed a 2 off the front.

Don't see the point in selling your best striker for 20 million then buying another striker for 20 million, but to answer the question, Kyogo Furuhashi or Colby Bishop, though I'm sure there are similar players from abroad you could get for half the price.

Kwame Poku would be a good signing.

So would that Liam Millar.

I'd also be looking at someone like Sam Field in the middle of the park, and someone like Dan Jebbison up front.
Don't see the point in selling your best striker for 20 million then buying another striker for 20 million, but to answer the question, Kyogo Furuhashi or Colby Bishop, though I'm sure there are similar players from abroad you could get for half the price.
Jack Clarke isnt a striker like.

Kwame Poku would be a good signing.

So would that Liam Millar.

I'd also be looking at someone like Sam Field in the middle of the park, and someone like Dan Jebbison up front.

Jack Clarke isnt a striker like.

is that the winger for preston, he looked their only decent player when we played them at home

aye wouldnt be a bad shout to replace clarke

yeh he looked good. had me looking through the programme at the time to work out who he was :lol: think he was canadian

the tall fella with the long hair who played as an 8 /10 for QPR a few weeks back looked decent as well. Always seemed to have time on the ball and got forwards well. Think he was danish or swedish or somehing

Last edited:
yeh he looked good. had me looking through the programme at the time to work out who he was :lol: think he was canadian

the tall fella with the long hair who played as an 8 /10 for QPR a few weeks back looked decent as well. Always seemed to have time on the ball and got forwards well. Think he was danish or swedish or somehing
Miller is a Canuk and was playing for Basel and he's not far off Jack Clarke either in terms of being a good right winger, would be a very good signing for us. Anything less than £10m would be good deal for him imo.
Aye what's his name the lad from QPR? He reads the game very well and looks like an excellent CM, that's the type of guy Neil needs to be playing alongside.
I'm just praying that our top targets are Morgan Whittaker, Sammy Szmodics, Liam Miller & the QPR bloke. Not Mason Burstow, not Josh Murphy & no more "highly rated" young-un's who have zero experience.

I'll go for....

That's £15.7m in total.
That’s a beauty :lol::lol::lol:

Back