You're The Manager.....

Dilane Bakwa £5m
Yoan Bonny £3m
Patrick Berg £3m

Bank the rest and tell the board not to be so daft, they need to pay for excess wages somehow.

The wage budget will not rise by much mate!....we need to be paying top ten level wages to attract decent players(who have options) ready for a promotion push...Sadly we wont be doing that!..next season unless they change their approach we will be in the footballing wilderness but fiscally sound.......We will become the equivalent of "beige/grey" season after season as the reality of our situation hits home .......Football is a competitive business like no other and its supposed to be entertainment! ..since TM left we have given up on both and i really dont see how that is going to change anytime soon !..like all safc fans i still have hope but fear it will be dashed by the numpty we employ as our next manager or the end of the first transfer window ....
I don't think you followed - at the moment the wage to turnover has a lot of room.
They will start paying higher wages (I hope / think) as they need to to keep players like ballard and sign better ones as when we sell players like Clarke for 20 mil and spend 5 mil on players, these demand a higher wage.

Why do you think we won't be paying higher wages in the future? Just cos we aren't now?

I know fans wanted us to be paying high wages now - but if now our wages to turnover were close to ffp then we couldn't improve young players contracts , we couldn't sign more expensive players on higher wages.

We won't be getting 28 yr olds like smodizcs in for millions though.
Maybe 22-23 yr olds

Last edited:
I don't think you followed - at the moment the wage to turnover has a lot of room.
They will start paying higher wages (I hope / think) as they need to to keep players like ballard and sign better ones as when we sell players like Clarke for 20 mil and spend 5 mil on players, these demand a higher wage.

Why do you think we won't be paying higher wages in the future? Just cos we aren't now?

I know fans wanted us to be paying high wages now - but if now our wages to turnover were close to ffp then we couldn't improve young players contracts , we couldn't sign more expensive players on higher wages.

We won't be getting 28 yr olds like smodizcs in for millions though.
Maybe 22-23 yr olds
Sounds ok but im not sure it will happen like you say ....from past history they are very rigid in deploying the model and wage levels and i really dont think given their track record they have the will to change it up ..they might pay a tad extra in fees attracting better younger prospects but i doubt they will pay the wages for the players we need for the team in the ongoing season...once you break the link between hiring to improve the present team for a mythical team of the future your building on sand !Your right in a way next season will be the eye opener for everyone as they will have some spare money ..lets see what the do with it?More of the same ? or a break in the model?

I'll go for....
Nathaniel Adjei plays for Hammarby €2.5m
Lawrence Shankland plays for Hearts €2.5m
Miles Leaburn plays for Charlton £1m
Will Smallbone plays for Southampton €3.8m
Skelly Alvero plays for Lyon €4m
Sam Smodizcs plays for Blackburn €4.5m

That's £15.7m in total.
Blackburn wouldn't sell smodics for that.

Sounds ok but im not sure it will happen like you say ....from past history they are very rigid in deploying the model and wage levels and i really dont think given their track record they have the will to change it up ..they might pay a tad extra in fees attracting better younger prospects but i doubt they will pay the wages for the players we need for the team in the ongoing season...once you break the link between hiring to improve the present team for a mythical team of the future your building on sand !Your right in a way next season will be the eye opener for everyone as they will have some spare money ..lets see what the do with it?More of the same ? or a break in the model?
Agree, I am a little doubtful, but surely this is what has to happen.
We can't be selling players for 20 mil and buying players for 1 mil on low wages
When you start spending 5 mil or so , these players demand bigger wages.
But it's all hypothetical - I hope this is what happens - we will see. And i wouldn't say it's a break in the model - just the model with more money
I can't see us spending on 27+ yr olds.

I'll go for....
Nathaniel Adjei plays for Hammarby €2.5m
Lawrence Shankland plays for Hearts €2.5m
Miles Leaburn plays for Charlton £1m
Will Smallbone plays for Southampton €3.8m
Skelly Alvero plays for Lyon €4m
Sam Smodizcs plays for Blackburn €4.5m

That's £15.7m in total.
Shankland absolute poo 💩

Agree, I am a little doubtful, but surely this is what has to happen.
We can't be selling players for 20 mil and buying players for 1 mil on low wages
When you start spending 5 mil or so , these players demand bigger wages.
But it's all hypothetical - I hope this is what happens - we will see. And i wouldn't say it's a break in the model - just the model with more money
I can't see us spending on 27+ yr olds.
You forget though the present model is fiscally sound!..forget about the football and its a accountants dream.......break it down to and you see it for what it is "for every pound spent is their a reasonable expectation of a return?if not dont spend it !Until we get back to the basic "what does the team need (in terms of players) for the upcoming season " approach ..we are doomed in footballing terms...now that doesnt mean splurge all your money! just alter the focus to the present team not some mythical future one!Its basic stuff .identify players for the team ,try to get them and move on down the list until you get a player for a position that you can afford....

Liam miller £3m . Currently on loan at Preston
sargent from Norwich. £12m
A massively experienced international DM , out of contract on good wages
3 lucky dips and two marquee loans

Back