You're The Manager.....

I'll go for....
Nathaniel Adjei plays for Hammarby €2.5m
Lawrence Shankland plays for Hearts €2.5m
Miles Leaburn plays for Charlton £1m
Will Smallbone plays for Southampton €3.8m
Skelly Alvero plays for Lyon €4m

That's £12m in total.
We’d only get Small Willybone if Southampton go up. He’s one of those players who is too good for the Championship but not good enough for the step up IMO.

I'll go for....
Sam Smodizcs plays for Blackburn €4.5m

That's £15.7m in total.
Need to get yourself Speakmans job if you can get Szmodics for 4.5m Euros.

I'll go for....
Sam Smodizcs plays for Blackburn €4.5m

That's £15.7m in total.
Smodizcs for €4.5m🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Thread should be called "You're the Sporting Director" and have been at the glue
Tidied

Let's say we got the full 20m. You really think any of those clubs mentioned are letting any of their players come to us for bargain prices when they know we've just pocketed 20m?

There's also wages, which we know is probably a bigger sticking block than actual fees when they've gotten shot of anyone experienced on decent money, and rumours of poor contract extension offers for Stewart and Clarke.

These threads are probably better suited to who you'd buy when playing FIFA or Footy Manager as (back in the real world) those in charge of our club have no intention of spending anything like that kind of cash on transfers and wages.

Some Nice selections though.

I thought that striker for Plymouth who scored that lovely lob against us and almost scored from the half way line looked good. Ryan Hardie i think it was. He's 27 though so no way Speakman is going to buy anyone that old.

The clubs been ran well with ATM, a low wages to turnover. Loads of scope to sell players like Clarke and bring in 2 or 3 on 4-6 mil on higher wages
This I assume has always been the plan
The wage budget will not rise by much mate!....we need to be paying top ten level wages to attract decent players(who have options) ready for a promotion push...Sadly we wont be doing that!..next season unless they change their approach we will be in the footballing wilderness but fiscally sound.......We will become the equivalent of "beige/grey" season after season as the reality of our situation hits home .......Football is a competitive business like no other and its supposed to be entertainment! ..since TM left we have given up on both and i really dont see how that is going to change anytime soon !..like all safc fans i still have hope but fear it will be dashed by the numpty we employ as our next manager or the end of the first transfer window ....

Back