Your username

Would anyone know you by it in real life?

If someone shouted it out in the street would you turn around knowing they were calling for you?
Absolutely.
My username is a shortened version of my email address and my name on musicians forums for the last 30 years.

More or less everybody who has known me via social media in that time calls me dodgy or dodge.

Prior to the Internet I had a different nickname and I know immediately whether people are pre or post AOL/Windows 3.1 by what they call me.
I have met @Becs but nobody else. And that is a very good thing for me indeed. The last thing I want is for a forum member coming up to me and saying "You are a proper windup merchant and a mag who takes sick joy out of seeing us fail. You need help you freak".
I'm not 100% sure that I don't know you in real life, like.
You remind me of an old mate but I don't want to find out for sure cos it was spoil the mystique.

Last edited:
Absolutely.
My username is a shortened version of my email address and my name on musicians forums for the last 30 years.

More or less everybody who has known me via social media in that time calls me dodgy or dodge.

Prior to the Internet I had a different nickname and I know immediately whether people are pre or post AOL/Windows 3.1 by what they call me.

I'm not 100% sure that I don't know you in real life, like.
You remind me of an old mate but I don't want to find out for sure cos it was spoil the mystique.
If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me

If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me
Naaaah, it has absolutely nowt to do with the song, though the name started in 93, the same year as the song came out, oddly.

My email address for the last 30 years has been dodgyclubsinger@, which seems to be one that people never ever forget and everybody just started calling me Dodgy.

I would say no, but the C2C chaps have been calling each other by our usernames for for about 15 years now.
Eg @Baloo is still called Lou Carpenter, from his previous username, despite knowing him well enough to go to his wedding do.
So, yes they all call me Herbs.

Back