Your pre-workout Supplement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Live In Hope

This is mine, despite years of trying I simply need one before a workout, this has always been the best

Logon or register to see this image

Placebo etc'.

You shouldn't need more than a strong coffee or some pro plus. Pre-workouts are mainly just caffeine anyway.
Ive tried allsorts and that drink works best. Realised recently that the caffeine tablets take a while to wear off throughout the day and make me anxious. Thursday afternoon I didnt know whether I wanted to cry or smash something. Went back to this drink and get a powerful workout with steady come down.

Ive tried allsorts and that drink works best. Realised recently that the caffeine tablets take a while to wear off throughout the day and make me anxious. Thursday afternoon I didnt know whether I wanted to cry or smash something. Went back to this drink and get a powerful workout with steady come down.

I think that's probably some external factors because a pro plus pill doesn't contain much more caffeine than a cup of coffee.

I think that's probably some external factors because a pro plus pill doesn't contain much more caffeine than a cup of coffee.
Im a bit stressed with problems in life at present and maybe the caffeine just escalates that as never felt so bad from caffeine as I have in last few weeks.

Im a bit stressed with problems in life at present and maybe the caffeine just escalates that as never felt so bad from caffeine as I have in last few weeks.

Aye. Drugs tend to compound our bad feelings. If you're feeling wired and thinking all the time anyway it's going to be bad.

But just to reiterate - that pre-workout sup you're using contains a lot of caffeine as well.

Edit:

A serving of the above is 300mg of caffeine whereas a cup of coffee is about 150mg or less. That explains why it's better for your training but your feeling anxious through a caffeine pill is almost definitely something else - as pro plus is 50mg per pill.

Last edited:
Aye. Drugs tend to compound our bad feelings. If you're feeling wired and thinking all the time anyway it's going to be bad.

But just to reiterate - that pre-workout sup you're using contains a lot of caffeine as well.

Edit:

A serving of the above is 300mg of caffeine whereas a cup of coffee is about 150mg or less. That explains why it's better for your training but your feeling anxious through a caffeine pill is almost definitely something else - as pro plus is 50mg per pill.
Thanks for that as came across bit of a discovery, never knew my strengths of caffeine etc. I am naturally tough to caffeine for some reason, a can of relentless, red bull, coffee etc does nowt for me.

My NO2 energy drink has 300mg of caffeine and other nutrients. When I am taking caffeine pills, I am taking 4 of these http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/caffeine-pro/10529801.html :lol

I have been having 800mg of caffeine, mind tbf I have did that loads in the past and never felt like I did recently due to personal problems.

Will stick to my NO2

Thanks for that as came across bit of a discovery, never knew my strengths of caffeine etc. I am naturally tough to caffeine for some reason, a can of relentless, red bull, coffee etc does nowt for me.

My NO2 energy drink has 300mg of caffeine and other nutrients. When I am taking caffeine pills, I am taking 4 of these http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/caffeine-pro/10529801.html :lol

I have been having 800mg of caffeine, mind tbf I have did that loads in the past and never felt like I did recently due to personal problems.

Will stick to my NO2

800mg of caffeine in one hit sounds dangerously high but I don't really know much about tolerances etc'. I'd probably have heart palpitations from that though :lol:

4-6mg/kg are common study dosages when it comes to resistance training. The research is still quite conflicting, but if it wakes you up a bit more to get you through your workout then that's a positive. Although lethal dosages in healthy people are pretty high with very few fatalities, 800mg is pretty f***ing high :lol:

Well I used to have the pre-workouts are a load of shit attitude. And it do just take caffine tabs. However now I'm on a low end of a cut nearing 8% body fat, and I really am finding it hard now. have introduced a carb re-feed every week now also. So was thinking of perhaps tinkering in a pre-workout.

2 caffeine tablets just keep me going for longer, which is great, but still feel lethargic all the way through. Not something i have experience with at all to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back