Your greatest/favourite ever song

Impossible to pick one song as I have many favourites which in part depend on my mood.

If forced to pick one, Seems to Be is still a track that almost 40 years from first hearing it makes me turn the volume up and reminds me of the optimism of youth before life gets in the way.

Last edited:
Don't think I've got one, thought I had but now I can't think of one that really stands out....

Listen to Disco by the Pet Shop Boys a lot when I am walking to football or the pub, so if I had to choose it would probably be Love Comes Quickly....but that could change tomorrow....
I like the PSB more and more the older I get, personal favourite is beign boring.

Gotta be the 12" or album version of spacemen 3's Big City. 10 minutes of acid soaked,hypnotic euphoria. Perfectly blissful.The moment I took this 12" inch record from its beautiful colourful sleeve in 1991,and put it on the turntable, was one of the best moments of my life ( can you tell I like it?)

anyone who has a single favourite ever song frankly hasn't listened to enough music.

M son, who is now a musician used to ask me what my favourite song was and I always said I donā€™t have one as it depends on how I feel at that point in time.

Music is inextricably linked with state of mind and a song that resonates with you when your happy isnā€™t necessarily the song that you listen to when youā€™re sad or contemplative.

There are a number of songs that Iā€™d rank as favourites, but none of them come before the others and Iā€™d pick one dependant on my mood rather than preference.

Back