Your favourite Pumpkin recipes?

It's getting that time of the year. Just bought a big massive Pumpkin for about 2.89 down Lidl. Weather is shite outside so I'm already planning my Pumpkin and cream soup with roasted Pumpkin seeds in oil and mixed spice. I would prefer to have the seeds without there hulls/shells but it looks a bit of a carry on to do it.

What's everyone's go to Pumpkin recipes to change my mind and try something different this year?
Hoi it in the bin, pumpkin is rotten mate. Favourite Turnip recipe?

This sounds nice.

Recipe
Rub oil on the pumpkin and oven roast. Fry a large white onion until soft, add 2 chopped carrots, 1 chopped potato, tablespoon of madras curry powder and a litre of stock (chicken or veg). Simmer until the veg is soft then add the pumpkin and blitz. Stir in half a block of coconut cream (or a tin of coconut milk) while reheating, season with salt and pepper and you’re done.

Rub oil on the pumpkin and oven roast. Fry a large white onion until soft, add 2 chopped carrots, 1 chopped potato, tablespoon of madras curry powder and a litre of stock (chicken or veg). Simmer until the veg is soft then add the pumpkin and blitz. Stir in half a block of coconut cream (or a tin of coconut milk) while reheating, season with salt and pepper and you’re done.
Yum, going to try this. Always think when using pumpkin or squash in whatever recipe best to roast it a bit first. Really brings out the flavour.

Yum, going to try this. Always think when using pumpkin or squash in whatever recipe best to roast it a bit first. Really brings out the flavour.
Definitely thos. Roasting brings out the sweetness with loads of ved. Carrots, red peppers 2 other examples where they taste totally different once roasted

Grown honey bear squashes and Crown Prince pumpkins this year. I’ve had one of the squashes earlier this week just mashed with a load of butter, it was lovely. The pumpkins are a lot bigger so will likely be trying it a few ways.

Back