Your favourite band, doing what they do best..

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would have liked it more if it had been Israel

I listened to The Scream yesterday for the first time in an awful long time - right up there with the best debuts of all time in my opinion

Israel is great but I just prefer that one because Siouxsie is so raw there.

Second post and you beat me to it :lol:

Did I mention I’m on the single? Oh yes, about a million times :cool:

He is a bit bland, mind. And that track sounds like The Levellers.
Dunno how anyone can find him bland mind. He stirs my emotions like nobody has since I was a teenager. But I guess if you’re not into the whole folk rock thing then it’s not going to float your boat.

Last edited:
Reactions: mux
Absolutely loved FT for the first 2 albums, saw him live 4 times during that and would genuinely count LI&S as one of my favourite albums.

I have never known a musician lose it so quickly though. His 3rd album had me wondering if it was the same person, it was bona fide grade A horse sh*te, and I was gutted beyond words. Anything I have heard of his since has been absolute drivel too. :cry:
He basically got sick of doing the whole one man against the world thing and decided that being a proper band was the way forward. He’s dangerously close to MOR territory a lot of the time but he’s getting more and more popular so I guess as a career move he’s doing something right. At Kendal Calling this year he was the artist that the neutrals seemed to enjoy most all weekend.

Good shout. I was in the audience for that one.

Already a couple of shouts for the Who so I’ll throw this one in. My two favourite songs by them in an amazing setting. Don’t forget they were surrounded by huge names, old and new that night including Destiny’s Child and Timberlake (arguably two of the biggest acts of the day) and Dylan, Springsteen and the Stones from classic rock, and they blew everyone, I mean EVERYONE off the stage.

Also this from the maestro...

And this ...

Last edited:
Israel is great but I just prefer that one because Siouxsie is so raw there.
I really enjoyed listening to The Scream the other day - for my sins it's been a long time - I'd really forgotten how powerful an album it is - mind you I always felt Helter Skelter was one of the weaker tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back