Your favourite aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuka 87 at number 3.

Very iconic ... BUT

Stukas were flat track bullies though. Once the Germans didn't have their own way then they were a pilots worse nightmare...had nowt really going for them apart from their horrible siren (slow, badly armed)

Indeed, beautiful aircraft.

My Dad's brother was killed in a Lancaster so I'll always have a soft spot for those, but for me the Spitfire is the epitome of a beautiful aircraft.

Mentions to Concorde and the Vulcan too.
can't argue with any of them, least of all the spitfire, beautiful.
i always had a soft spot for the typhoon cos they were rock hard.
Logon or register to see this image

Very iconic ... BUT

Stukas were flat track bullies though. Once the Germans didn't have their own way then they were a pilots worse nightmare...had nowt really going for them apart from their horrible siren (slow, badly armed)

The question wasn't most effective though. I agree with everything you say (it was shite really) but thowt the siren was a masterstroke of the time.

The question wasn't most effective though. I agree with everything you say (it was shite really) but thowt the siren was a masterstroke of the time.

The whole plane was madness -- weird wings, siren on the front

Only one bloody bomb though :)

I know knack all about aeroplanes but I suppose I could tell my Stuka divebomber from my Spitfire / Hurricane

Prefer the Hurricane to the Spitfire, they shot down more aircraft in the Battle of Britain and are easier to service.

Prefer the Hurricane to the Spitfire, they shot down more aircraft in the Battle of Britain and are easier to service.

I suppose it goes down to what specifications, achievements, history, design, etc that you like in a plane, it's subjective.
But for me the design of the Spitfies wings are one of the greatest shape of form ever designed by mankind. Pure art sculpture!

My top 5 favourite aircraft have already been mentioned, so I'll throw in the Messerschmidt 262 for variety...

Logon or register to see this image

The world's first jet-powered fighter aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back