Younguns - short trousers

What’s with the young’uns wearing trousers that are way too short ? Jeans, strides, chinos .... all way too short. Nobody wants to see your skinny ankles man.

I know it’s fashion and I know I’m too old to get it but it just looks shit.
They can’t afford the haircuts and Dr Martins to complete the look

Apparently the socks pulled up and joggy bottom shorts like a POW Exercise outfit is the charvers domain
Any clothes with a sports brand on them are absolutely minging and should never be seen unless wearing for a sports-related purpose.
Descreet marked stuff from the good guys are fine ,Adidas and Nike Do some half decent coats etc

Last edited:
What’s with the young’uns wearing trousers that are way too short ? Jeans, strides, chinos .... all way too short. Nobody wants to see your skinny ankles man.

I know it’s fashion and I know I’m too old to get it but it just looks shit.
How old are you?

Levi’s sta-prest were worn short with white socks and ox-blood doc martens shoes way back in the 70s.

See youngins out for a night out in caps and shorts. Never used let people in anyway with a cap on and shorts. Standards of places have slipped, id tell them to dress properly if i had a place and some eejit in a pair of shorts wanted serving in jan on a saturday night
Pubs cannot pick and choose which clientele they let in these days. They are dead on their arse to start with.

Back