You got the love ( bootleg mix)

Cee Jay

Striker
A bit of a random one, but trying to find the following version on Spotify

Not sure if there, loads and loads of versions, some good, but can’t find this one.

I know Spotify is a but weird when it comes to various artists/tracks

Aye there are loads of versions, including the single version. It’s the one above I’m after though

It's a bootleg, it probably isn't on there for that reason, I don't know tbh, don't use spotify much.

The Candi Staton a cappella version was originally mixed over an instrumental version of the Frankie Knuckles/Jamie Principle house song "Your Love". This bootleg release was a studio recording of Eren Abdullah mixing the two pieces of vinyl together. The DJ Eren "Original Bootleg" mix was released by John Truelove's record label in 1991 and reached number four[3] in the UK Singles Chart.

Last edited:
It's a bootleg, it probably isn't on there for that reason, I don't know tbh, don't use spotify much.

The Candi Staton a cappella version was originally mixed over an instrumental version of the Frankie Knuckles/Jamie Principle house song "Your Love". This bootleg release was a studio recording of Eren Abdullah mixing the two pieces of vinyl together. The DJ Eren "Original Bootleg" mix was released by John Truelove's record label in 1991 and reached number four[3] in the UK Singles Chart.
Aye new ish to Spotify and while good it’s obviously not the place for bootlegs and unreleased live stuff etc

Apple Music better for stuff like that . If it’s not on there you can rip it off YouTube / SoundCloud and can then add it to your Apple Music library on computer and it’s there on all your devices to stream / download

It’ll be the Eren’s Bootleg Mix. The clue is most likely in the name and they did not have clearance to use Candi Staton’s voice. It’s a very popular version though, so I’m surprised something wasn’t agreed retrospectively to have this issued as a legitimate remix and royalties collected accordingly through the respective Rights Society. You’re best off ripping it from YouTube or if you have a turntable at home, buying the vinyl second hand.

It’ll be the Eren’s Bootleg Mix. The clue is most likely in the name and they did not have clearance to use Candi Staton’s voice. It’s a very popular version though, so I’m surprised something wasn’t agreed retrospectively to have this issued as a legitimate remix and royalties collected accordingly through the respective Rights Society. You’re best off ripping it from YouTube or if you have a turntable at home, buying the vinyl second hand.
I think it's very similar to the Erens remix, though slightly different from memory.
All my music now through Spotify ( when I had I pod/I tunes i used to rip it from Youtube) but doesn't seem to be an option for Spotify.
Not very good It/tech wise.

A bit of a random one, but trying to find the following version on Spotify

Not sure if there, loads and loads of versions, some good, but can’t find this one.

I know Spotify is a but weird when it comes to various artists/tracks
I haven't been able to find certain mixes before so I just used a YouTube downloader and done it that way
Seems to have found it on Amazon music

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Digital platforms like Spotify generally receive their music through digital distribution services and they run the music through an AI type software which listens out for copyright infringements, it can be a bit of a ball ache to jump through the loops and hoops involved.

Looking at this again; I think it’s likely that there was actually permissions to use the vocal because the Erin’s Bootleg Remix was licensed to and released by some fairly substantial record labels in continental Europe. I can’t imagine ZYX or Blanco y Negro, in Germany and Spain respectively, would have released them otherwise. It might just be that this hasn’t worked its way to certain digital platforms yet.

Back