You are the Ref.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

beam1234

Striker
Against Rochdale, Chris Maguire re entered the field by cutting inside the corner flag on his way back to the bench.
If we had scored and he’d been on the field during the passage of play would you;
A: Disallow the goal and give a goal kick.
B: Stop the game as soon as you noticed and restart with a free kick to Rochdale.
C: Ignore it and play on as it did not in any way interfere with play.

Against Rochdale, Chris Maguire re entered the field by cutting inside the corner flag on his way back to the bench.
If we had scored and he’d been on the field during the passage of play would you;
B: Stop the game as soon as you noticed and restart with a free kick to Rochdale.
At the point he re-entered the field of play, he would've been like that Tranmere player all those years ago. Therefore he was illegal and no advantage should be given. Goal chalked off :mad:

Therefore my answer is B

Last edited:
Am I a good referee or a L1 Referee? If it's the latter then I'm going with Option D - Disallow the goal, book Rochdale's keeper and send Chris Maguire off. Announce a drop ball on our 6 yard box, but book any player who kicks the ball. Award a corner to Rochdale then book Jack Baldwin for diving and send Maguire off again

C. Obviously. Only a knacker ref would select A or B.

I thought the ref was very good last night for what it's worth.

Last edited:
I noticed that! He had a look to see where the ref was before he did it.

C) I would have ignored it as it was just a step across the corner and didn't interfere with play or anyone else.
I thought the ref was very good last night for what it's worth.

I did. I didn't really notice him for long periods of the game, which means he was decent :D

Am I a good referee or a L1 Referee? If it's the latter then I'm going with Option D - Disallow the goal, book Rochdale's keeper and send Chris Maguire off. Announce a drop ball on our 6 yard box, but book any player who kicks the ball. Award a corner to Rochdale then book Jack Baldwin for diving and send Maguire off again

That made me chuckle. Have a Like.

C. Couldn't be arsed with the abuse if I went with A or B, it would ruin the match. Would also have to be the type of ref that wants it all to be about them if you went A or B.

You can get a yellow card for entering the field without the refs permission, you can also get a yellow card for leaving the field without the refs permission. So two yellows in that action.

....But Rule 99 is about using common sense, which negates most 'pedantic, technical bullshit'

None of the above, it would be a drop ball from the position the ball was at when you noticed he was on the pitch and caution Maguire for re-entering the field of play without permission, if he had already been cautioned then it would still be a second yellow card and a red card but we would have 11 men remaining on the pitch.

The team that had possession of the ball at the time you noticed, should receive the ball uncontested (although the Ipswich ref didn’t know this).

None of the above, it would be a drop ball from the position the ball was at when you noticed he was on the pitch and caution Maguire for re-entering the field of play without permission, if he had already been cautioned then it would still be a second yellow card and a red card but we would have 11 men remaining on the pitch.

The team that had possession of the ball at the time you noticed, should receive the ball uncontested (although the Ipswich ref didn’t know this).

You would actually do this?

C
Possibly give him a warning/book him for entering the field of play without permission. As it was just the corner flag area, probably ignore it-its not that he was interfering with anything, not like cutting across the pitch from one side to the other or owt like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back