Yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some may remember I've been predicting this since before the season started and was mocked by Brandon of all people for being pessimistic!

the irony could be next season, when Durham have a fair crack, and seeing Hampshire be relegated as we return to our rightful place

If weather doesn't interfere tomorrow, we should lose our game against those wankers from Hampshire.

Which would make our game v Yorkshire at the Oval veryyyy interesting...

Might we see more Yorkshire/Middlesex negotiations?! :eek:

Neither side would be aided much with a draw.

Pretty lacklustre collapse from the Yorkies this afternoon means they're now right up against it to avoid losing to Surrey. A win for @TheRey's lads will see them safe.

Pretty lacklustre collapse from the Yorkies this afternoon means they're now right up against it to avoid losing to Surrey. A win for @TheRey's lads will see them safe.
Been an odd one like. Pitch for the last two days has been docile as fuck, but now it's gained a bit of life.

Yorkies haven't helped themselves mind, Ballances run out was comical.

I just hope we have the firepower in the bowling to skittle them out!

As an aside, Borthwick scored 158 for the seconds today. Hopefully that'll help him back into some sort of nick.

No but the fact that he left to go back home and then returns at the start of the new season to help out at Kent is a bit strange.
I assumed he returned because he (and his wife presumably) wanted their family to be brought up in Oz and maybe he had some expectations of a job that didn't materialise and when it didn't he took the short term and temporary role at Kent.

I assumed he returned because he (and his wife presumably) wanted their family to be brought up in Oz and maybe he had some expectations of a job that didn't materialise and when it didn't he took the short term and temporary role at Kent.
Don't really know mate to be honest but to give up the biggest job in county cricket you would probably want a nailed on job back home. If it was purely domestic reasons then i would doubt you would come straight back to this country within months of leaving Yorkshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back