Yorkies money worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't want Headingley to lose its international status any more than I wanted Riverside to, BUT, if the ECB are being fair and consistent surely Yorkshire should be joining us in Division Two.

I concede that fair and consistent are two words the ECB do not understand.

Last edited:
I don't want Headingley to lose its international status any more than I wanted Riverside to, BUT, if the ECB are being fair and consistent surely Yorkshire should be joining us in Division Two.

Tend to agree. Back in September, Yorkshire's supporters were some of the most vocally sympathetic of Durham's plight from what I saw/read but if they cannot service their debt levels, they should be relegated................they won't be though

Aye,they think FTECB stands for fair and trustworthy ECB.

Can't see the logic in them wanting to extend when they can't sellout for Test matches at present.

Last edited:
Their ground needs redevelopment(rugby stand). They can't raise the funds to do this. This issue is slightly different to ours.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't Durham relegated because the FTECB bailed them out? At the moment that isn't on the cards for Yorkshire and I think the members would strongly oppose it if it were given what happened to Durham.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't Durham relegated because the FTECB bailed them out? At the moment that isn't on the cards for Yorkshire and I think the members would strongly oppose it if it were given what happened to Durham.
Yup (although it isn't a bail out as such, it's a loan, Durham County bailed them out by converting the money owed to them into shares that may/may not be repaid) . ..... .... and the reason the ECB stepped in was that Durham couldn't find a sugar daddy such as Rod Branscombe, maybe and I expect Yorks will be in a different position on that front.

Yup (although it isn't a bail out as such, it's a loan, Durham County bailed them out by converting the money owed to them into shares that may/may not be repaid) . ..... .... and the reason the ECB stepped in was that Durham couldn't find a sugar daddy such as Rod Branscombe, maybe and I expect Yorks will be in a different position on that front.
Graves can set up another trust fund for more debt

it isn't even a loan really is it? as i understand it all ftecb have so graciously allowed us to do is defer payment to them. and all the prize money we would be accruing is staying with them until the money is paid back. [whether this prize money we earn is taken from the debt or all released to us in one go once we're debt free i don't know. i expect the later so they can earn the interest instead of allow us to lower our repayments to them]

it is called and seen as a loan or bail out but is only to service the debt we owe them is it not? for bidding process costs etc. the money owed to durham county is covered by the community interest thingy

and as has been reported but not gone into huge detail on we did find an investor but ftecb refused us permission to go down this route. possibly so they could stick a noose round our neck?

so many details we don't know but it all stinks thats for sure

Reactions: Bri
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back