XTC - Swindon's finest...

First time I heard them was on ToTP, but can't remember if it was Making Plans, or Sgt Rock. I remember that for YEARS I thought they were Scandinavian as I misheard the presenter and could have sworn he said they were "Sweden's finest..."

Love on a Farmboy's Wages and Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead, I still listen to in the car all the time. Great stuff.
I've got the single of Love on a farmboys wages. I'm sure it's a double in a gatefold sleeve

I've got the single of Love on a farmboys wages. I'm sure it's a double in a gatefold sleeve
Lucky you. I USED to have it, but like most of my vinyl it got left in my ex's loft during a particularly unpleasant and acrimonious separation in 2009, and if she hasn't sold them all off for buttons by now they'll be warped to fuck.

I found some of my vinyl when clearing out my late mum's garage a few weeks back but it's mostly from my late teens angsty stage so it's scratchy indie stuff like Wolfhounds, McCarthy, Fugazi, The Prisoners and a bit of Billy Bragg :)

I'm torn between wanting them to reform and to see them but am wary that a reunion it would be for the 'wrong' reasons and they would just go through the motions.

On balance I think I'd just prefer to have their records/ CDs.

Ask me tomorrow and my opinion would probably have changed.

Back