XL Bullies

What’s the correct course of action here?

Visiting my mate who lives in the street adjacent to lambton primary school , around 5pm. Pulled up into his street before I got out of the car I noticed there’s a lad walking a boisterous XL bully unmuzzled and off the lead. The dog is leaping up at him in a “playful manner”, jumping up to his head height and he’s telling it to “get down” and “no” command.
Given the proximity to the school (albeit after opening hours), Should I have said something to him? Or phoned the fuzz? Or just done nowt and consult the wise folk here? My mate has two young children who could have easily been playing in the same street.
The societal conundrum is the dog may be fine and not bother anyone. Alternatively the lad is flagrantly breaking the rules and wasn’t in control of the dog. Should I have said something or reported him?

What yas recon?

Last edited:

Visiting my mate who lives in the street adjacent to lambton primary school , around 5pm. Pulled up into his street before I got out of the car I noticed there’s a lad walking a boisterous XL bully unmuzzled and off the lead. The dog is leaping up at him in a “playful manner”, jumping up to his head height and he’s telling it to “get down” and “no” command.
Given the proximity to the school (albeit after opening hours), Should I have said something to him? Or phoned the fuzz? Or just done nowt and consult the wise folk here? My mate has two young children who could have easily been playing in the same street.
The societal conundrum is the dog may be fine and not bother anyone. Alternatively the lad is flagrantly breaking the rules and wasn’t in control of the dog. Should I have said something or reported him?

What yas recon?
You should have mown them both down. Clearly a wrang un.

What yas recon?
Absolute arsehole who shouldn’t be allowed to keep dogs.

A dog that size should be on a lead.

In fact all dogs should be on leads when out in public unless it’s a designated area to let them off the lead. People are thick as fuck and can’t be trusted.

Absolute arsehole who shouldn’t be allowed to keep dogs.

A dog that size should be on a lead.

In fact all dogs should be on leads when out in public unless it’s a designated area to let them off the lead. People are thick as fuck and can’t be trusted.

Honestly just winds me up.
Ignorance and thick people, what a combination.

What yas recon?

Report to the police ? Sounds like the owner was breaking the new rules ?

After some advice please. A young relative has taken in an xl bully despite numerous other family members pointing out the stupidity of this. They have a young baby and the family are concerned and now so are social services. They have agreed the dog needs to go as the baby comes first. What are the options in Sunderland for giving the dog up. I have tried google and it seems the only option is euthanasia with a vet.

After some advice please. A young relative has taken in an xl bully despite numerous other family members pointing out the stupidity of this. They have a young baby and the family are concerned and now so are social services. They have agreed the dog needs to go as the baby comes first. What are the options in Sunderland for giving the dog up. I have tried google and it seems the only option is euthanasia with a vet.
You can't advertise it for rescue as you'll just have the utter knackers after it.
Seriously, being put down is best for everyone. Hopefully your young relative has learned a lesson.

Back