XFM/Karl Pilkington

Dear Mr Dilkington
You are one of our most valued customers…

Absolutely love Karl’s film pitch with Clive Warren.
I avoided listening to the XFM shows for years because they seemed like too much effort, but they really fly by. It’s good listening to them in order, too, as there’s various threads that keep going for weeks on end.

Dear Mr Dilkington
You are one of our most valued customers…

Absolutely love Karl’s film pitch with Clive Warren.
I avoided listening to the XFM shows for years because they seemed like too much effort, but they really fly by. It’s good listening to them in order, too, as there’s various threads that keep going for weeks on end.
I'm listening to a best of sort of thing while eating tea, him refusing to say the name what his dad called the freak and Ricky's getting increasingly pissed odd :lol:
Genuinely dying hahahaha

Was it Spud Head?
Funny how he must have got some grief for things he said. He was always really reluctant to talk about Forrest Gump in a wheelie bin after a while, and he ditched Cheeky Freak of the Week pretty quickly. I always laugh at the ‘woman who had a baby who had a baby’ link.

His dad sounded like a right wrong ‘un. Stealing groceries out of a telephone box, stealing shoes from a shop by leaving his old ones on the shelf, hanging round with a bloke who kept an old mattress in the back of a van.

Rock busters.. Educating Ricky and my favorite Karl's diary..
Some of the funniest stuff I've listened to.
The animated series based on the radio show is quality also..
His dad sounded like a right wrong ‘un. Stealing groceries out of a telephone box, stealing shoes from a shop by leaving his old ones on the shelf, hanging round with a bloke who kept an old mattress in the back of a van.
Left a special needs kid in a wheelie bin on a day trip to Blackpool because he was kicking off too 😂😂
Picked him up on the way back home..

Last edited:
Rock busters.. Educating Ricky and my favorite Karl's diary..
Some of the funniest stuff I've listened to.
The animated series based on the radio show is quality also..

Left a special needs kid in a wheelie bin on a day trip to Blackpool because he was kicking off too 😂😂
Picked him up on the way back home..
Cheap as Chimps and the sadly-unrealised Fifteen Taiwan were other highlights.

Was it Spud Head?
Funny how he must have got some grief for things he said. He was always really reluctant to talk about Forrest Gump in a wheelie bin after a while, and he ditched Cheeky Freak of the Week pretty quickly. I always laugh at the ‘woman who had a baby who had a baby’ link.

Aye
Genuinely he's brilliant. Some of the logic he's come out with is brilliant. The bloke who had the arms on the wrong way round :lol:

He could be quite acerbic with Merchant.

‘I was looking up stuff in the Guinness Book of Records… and there’s this little monkey in Asia that has the record for the eyes that stick out the most…. Steve?’

I think that was a Monkey News Extra.

I loved it when Merchant describes Macchu Picchu as ‘accessible via an 11 mile trek through the jungle’ to which Karl replies, ‘Well that’s not accessible then, is it?’
I love when they ask him a simple question and it confuses him
Then asking what he'd ask on jim'll fix it and he's being obtuse saying well he wouldn't ask anything
Then
"I always wanted to be called Brett"

I love the one when he looks for his missus in the supermarket and it's the wrong one :lol:
That Christmas radio episode when he said his Birthday present for Suzanne’s dad was paying for his taxi home after a night out. 🤣

And his Christmas present for Suzanne was a £150 meal in a swish restaurant.
Ricky: well don’t forget that that’s half yours. You’re not going to sit there watching her eat. That’s half yours.

They guilted him into buying her a present to actually open. He ended up getting her a bumper box of condoms on special offer (that, again, he benefitted from) and wrapping it up in wallpaper. Then lecturing her that the joy of a present was the anticipation and promise, not the actual present inside.

That Christmas radio episode when he said his Birthday present for Suzanne’s dad was paying for his taxi home after a night out. 🤣

And his Christmas present for Suzanne was a £150 meal in a swish restaurant.
Ricky: well don’t forget that that’s half yours. You’re not going to sit there watching her eat. That’s half yours.

They guilted him into buying her a present to actually open. He ended up getting her a bumper box of condoms on special offer (that, again, he benefitted from) and wrapping it up in wallpaper. Then lecturing her that the joy of a present was the anticipation and promise, not the actual present inside.
Or them talking about Sophies choice and he's wondering how did they decide like it's some kind of gameshow :lol:

Did you ever hear the bit about the Victoria Plum he got his mam? Ricky and Steve revisit it about 10 minutes later and they’re absolutely savage.

Did you ever hear the bit about the Victoria Plum he got his mam? Ricky and Steve revisit it about 10 minutes later and they’re absolutely savage.
I haven't no. TBf I just normally put a best of sort of thing in the evening while I'm relaxing. I need to listen to this :lol:

Listening to these again over the past week or so. Genuinely some of the funniest things I've listened to. I think they defo played it up too much on An idiots abroad etc

I also recently started listening to them again from the start. They’re all on Spotify!

Never fail to make me laugh like, the timing and some of the things Karl comes out with is absolute gold.

Remind me of a simpler time when I first listened to them!

Edit: simpler, not similar!

Last edited:

Back