Xbox Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

21st of May, 6pm. Haven't seen any thread about this, any leaked details?

Not so far, just the usual speculation and rumours. I'm hoping the speculation of mandatory installs and an always on internet connection are proved false.

Not so far, just the usual speculation and rumours. I'm hoping the speculation of mandatory installs and an always on internet connection are proved false.

Are Sony going to do this too? If Xbox did that I don't think I would buy one. Their prices for downloable games are a joke atm.

Hope we something good like. Wonder if we'll get to see what the console actually looks like in this conference :lol:

Are Sony going to do this too? If Xbox did that I don't think I would buy one. Their prices for downloable games are a joke atm.

Not from what I've heard so far. Doubt Xbox will be either. Would be suicide.

Not from what I've heard so far. Doubt Xbox will be either. Would be suicide.
Indeed.

I would without hesitation switch back to the Playstation if Xbox integrated an always online feature. It would get so much hate if revealed I get the feeling Microsoft would have to remove it anyway if they were stupid enough to put it in there in the first place.

I don't think either will but if on the off chance one of them do it would be corporate suicide.

Im tempted as it is to go for a PS4 so something like an always on internet connection would kill MS off for me.

Last edited:
I don't think either will but if on the off chance one of them do it would be corporate suicide.

Im tempted as it is to go for a PS4 so something like an always on internet connection would kill MS off for me.

I haven't heard this rumour. What's the crack? Why's it a bad thing ect...

basically if the xbox is always required to be online, the console is basically a useless block if Microsoft get hacked, your internet goes off or you dont have access to the web, whereas now you can play a game offline such as Skyrim while not connected to XBL, you wont be able to on an online enabled console, would be commercial suicide.

genericus pretty much answered that for me, there is also an article here about it for more info:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/18/the-pros-and-cons-of-an-always-online-xbox-720

Looks as though this rumour was false according to an internal e-mail: http://www.geek.com/games/microsoft...rms-xbox-720-is-not-always-connected-1554271/

The always-on thing is going to be the dealbreaker for me, so time will tell when we get more details.

Last edited:
basically if the xbox is always required to be online, the console is basically a useless block if Microsoft get hacked, your internet goes off or you dont have access to the web, whereas now you can play a game offline such as Skyrim while not connected to XBL, you wont be able to on an online enabled console, would be commercial suicide.

Good points, I know plenty of people, especially those with little money, who don't have the web but have a console.

Also, if it is no discs and you have to download games, it'll cost a fortune and there would be no second hand games.

Hopefully the always on thing is bollocks, looking forward to this like.

Is it going to be a big glitzy affair like the PS4 one?
Or are they waiting until E3 to release it properly and just put out a press release today?

If a proper show, can people please post some links. My inner geek adores these daft events.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/reveal

That's for the live stream at 6PM. As for glitzy, they've put up a tent somewhere!

Ta :cool:

Anyone fancy a game of next gen bingo?
I am going for:-

"putting your living room at the centre of,,,"
"instantly letting your friends on facebook,,"
"allowing you to game on the move"
"for the first time on xbox you can,,"
"welcome to the stage Mr Whoever-is-in-charge-of-Enix/Squaresoft-nowadays to announce an exclusive Final Fantasy game in an expensive attempt to get traction in Japan"

As a tie breaker I reckon 'the cloud' will be mentioned 184 times.

Starting soon, ha'way more than me watching this surely? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back