Wycombe

No this is not a downer thread as I'm delighted we're off to Wembley again after a rollercoaster game.

However, I've got to ask is anyone else a bit nervous we're facing Wycombe?

We've shown incredible resolve, consistency and also determination to win games at the death, but Wycombe has always been one of the most challenging sides we've faced in this division who are notorious for their rough style of play and making themselves difficult to beat.

Still I don't think they've got what it takes to beat us, but I'd be expecting a very long slogged out fixture that will probably end 1-0, a draw or being pushed into ET.

We've taken 4 points off Wycombe this season, and it should have been 6. Battered them in both games. I watched against MKD and they were absolutely tragic. They worked their arses off, but they’re a poor side who just waste time endlessly. Don't give them set pieces.

Last edited:
If the referee shuts up shop on their shite early enough it could be a very easy day.

Do I expect it to be that, no. Still think we’ll be too much.

It's a showcase match so we should get a top referee. Then when the shithousing and timewasting begins, Captain Evans should have a quiet word with the ref and remind him of that. I noticed him talking to the ref several times tonight- not ranting and complaining- just talking.
If it's a shithousing contest, Wycombe will win but if it's a football match I'm sure Alex Neil has the players and the nous to win promotion for us.🤞
HTL.

Back