Would You Have Poyet Back?

Sorry like but no way can anyone say Poyet was shit for us like.

Aye, no chance he'll be back. The article basically says ge is mates with Sartori and have spoke about our situation..not literally offering him the job. It ended sour for Poyet but doesn't 90% of managers leave their clubs after being sacked and not on their own terms?

Hopefully not next season. We need better.
He wasn’t shit but wasn’t so amazing I’d be desperate to get him back. It ended very sourly for a reason

And Peps team don’t pass the ball a lot?

So the progression peice, you do recall we were a struggling Premiership team. Retaining possession and not conceding is the foundation of success in that league. If he hadn’t done it we would never have clicked for the great escape.

It’s a BSA master class if he does it. Poyet got us playing a clear and effective style of football. It was so frustrating that much of the team left at the end of that season and momentum was lost.
I’m well aware of the importance of retaining possession and used to extoll the virtues of players like Arca and Malbranque while this place questioned their lack of end product. But I did feel that under Poyet we passed it around at the back meaninglessly until pressed into a possession losing long ball.

Against the good teams Poyet's tactics worked where we played on the counter attack but against lesser ones our build up was so slow gave the opposition time to get back and organised.

Bricking it. Terrified that the dorty mackem bastads may even look like vaguely getting their act together.
Well if you say so.

Why would I be "bricking it" You may or may not get Will Still. He may or may not be good if you got him.

I simply asked why so many people here think he is a great option.

I am not "bricking it" I have no reason to. I simply asked a valid question.

I don't get the fetishism so many of you have about Will Still.

What exactly has he ever done?

Is it just cos his reputation is not yet tarnished in England?

I just don't get where all the fuss about him comes from.
Well said.
Even the happiest of happy clappers would surely admit that the flaws Speakman and KLD have are their lack of experience in football.. So why would we take on another young pen pusher. It didnt work with Beale either

No chance. Yesterday's man. Fell out with the fans at the end, done nowt since he left.

The only former manager I think could come back and do a job would be Alex Neil, obviously the biggest problem being that the whole time he'd be praying that Stoke come in for him.
A job aye. A totally shite one like he did at Stoke.
Well if you say so.

Why would I be "bricking it" You may or may not get Will Still. He may or may not be good if you got him.

I simply asked why so many people here think he is a great option.

I am not "bricking it" I have no reason to. I simply asked a valid question.
I actually (for once) agree with you

SAFC should use that as an advert.

"Fancy your chances of lasting more than 2 seasons? Apply here..."
Toxic position only way is down after the sack. Only one Moyes went on to greater things, and Big Sam for one game. This would suggest incoming? Will be a career killer.

Last edited:
I’m not sure he is. Seems a very mediocre middle of the road Championship manager to me based on his record.
It's a moot point anyway because he couldn't come back, the club need a face saving appointment, not one that makes them look weak. I just think he was perfect for us until he left.

It's a moot point anyway because he couldn't come back, the club need a face saving appointment, not one that makes them look weak. I just think he was perfect for us until he left.
Because he’s a very good L1 manager and would have probably guided us to mid table safety last year as per expectation. He’d not be here now. Need better to go next level. Whether we’ll do it. Hmmm

Yes, was a solid championship manager with Brighton- overall did a good job with us and we were still (just) outside of the relegation zone when he was sacked.

Has had a bit of a hit and miss career since then- did well at Athens for a time-

Also he got out of the group stage of the Copa libertadores with Universidad Católica 2021 ( the only manager to do so with a Chilean team since 2018).

Has done well with Greece as well.

He happy with him tbh.

Yes, was a solid championship manager with Brighton- overall did a good job with us and we were still (just) outside of the relegation zone when he was sacked.

Has had a bit of a hit and miss career since then- did well at Athens for a time-

Also he got out of the group stage of the Copa libertadores with Universidad Católica 2021 ( the only manager to do so with a Chilean team since 2018).

Has done well with Greece as well.

He happy with him tbh.
He's done well with Greece because he's beaten Ireland twice Gibraltar twice Kazakhstan like they should

He's done well with Greece because he's beaten Ireland twice Gibraltar twice Kazakhstan like they should
Greece are also a poor team though- ranked 50th- a 2-2 at home and 1-0 loss away with France is pretty good.
This is all academic. We will hire someone we have never heard of and sack him in October.

I hope he rents and not buys.
Dodds is gone till November
Gone till November....

Back