Would You Have Poyet Back?

Still or Rohl for me out of the names mentioned. Would back Gus but wouldn't be in my top 10 choices really. Beale wasn't in my top 100 choices before though, and he got the nod, so who knows what will happen.

under the current DOF model

Is a football manager….erm……I mean coach just someone who undertakes the training schedule?
It doesn’t appear they have any power like the football managers of old

Not for me. The ultimate possession without progression football. Our back 4 must have completed 200 passes per game each!

And Peps team don’t pass the ball a lot?

So the progression peice, you do recall we were a struggling Premiership team. Retaining possession and not conceding is the foundation of success in that league. If he hadn’t done it we would never have clicked for the great escape.

It’s a BSA master class if he does it. Poyet got us playing a clear and effective style of football. It was so frustrating that much of the team left at the end of that season and momentum was lost.

Could never figure out the great escape, what changed so much to cause such an uplift in form. Remember left side as class Alonso, Ki and Borini all loans who wouldn’t sign permanently.

Could never figure out the great escape, what changed so much to cause such an uplift in form. Remember left side as class Alonso, Ki and Borini all loans who wouldn’t sign permanently.
The side we ended that season only needed a bit of tinkering with if we’d made those loans permanent and that’s what Poyet wanted to do.

We baulked at the price quoted for both Ki and Alonso and Borini insisted on staying at Liverpool to fight for a first team place which he never got only to return to us a season too late.

14th.
FA Cup 1/4 final
League cup final
Double over the mags

Shite that season mind :lol:
....the model tho. Mad how people say it was a shit time. We are having to watch f***ing Hjelde play rugby every game and find touch man! :lol:
Is Poyet putting it out there as a gauge of fan reaction for the club?🤔🤔

Last edited:

Back