Would You Have Poyet Back?

Increyable, dunno why everyone keeps just popping names on for the new manager, every chance it won’t be any of them mentioned so far.
I assume as soon as the season is over they’ll pull the trigger and approach someone that hasn’t even been mentioned yet

And bringing players or managers back for a second bite of the cherry rarely works

Blamed everyone but himself for his shit he was here. If it was a choice between him and lampard though. I’d take him over fat frank

I think your mixing him up with Moyes, having said that every manager of that era was simply fronting a shambolic set up.

The shit at hull was one week after Wembley when he decided to play an under strength team to ensure he rested players for us to stay up … which we did.
I always argued that was the right decision and no different to hundreds of other managers who played under strength teams in the FACup

You do realise you are talking about the prem when talking about a winless run?
We are looking for a championship manager.
Bonkers how a man who took us to a cup final after beating Man utd over 2 legs..the mags 0-3 away for example, people are slating him...madness.

The shit at hull was one week after Wembley when he decided to play an under strength team to ensure he rested players for us to stay up … which we did.
I always argued that was the right decision and no different to hundreds of other managers who played under strength teams in the FACup

Disagree. I don’t think us staying up had anything to do with that decision. He chucked Wickham in as a last gasp gamble and it worked. Complete miracle as even he put it. His record since isn’t good really either. There’s better.
Bonkers how a man who took us to a cup final after beating Man utd over 2 legs..the mags 0-3 away for example, people are slating him...madness.
Because people don’t get fixated on one game. You could easily flip that on its head and say he oversaw some of the biggest embarrassments we’ve had. 8-0. Bradford. 0-4 Villa

Last edited:
This will trigger some members (sorry)

but why, oh why, do you always keep looking back ? Poyet may have been good for you a decade ago but that was a different team and environment. You've moved on, he's moved on.

Stop tripping over yourselves trying to reinvent the past. There are plenty of good YOUNG managers who would willingly come to your club.

Cleverley at Watford is only a caretaker at the moment but is showing his prowess at the helm. Giving him the reigns of a big club like yourselves would be a major boost for him and you.

Schumacher hasn't done much at Stoke but he was a seriously good manager at Plymouth.

And if money is an issue, surely there are some progressive managers in Scandinavia who would work here ?

Disagree. I don’t think us staying up had anything to do with that decision. He chucked Wickham in as a last gasp gamble and it worked. Complete miracle as even he put it. His record since isn’t good really either. There’s better.

Because people don’t get fixated on one game. You could easily flip that on its head and say he oversaw some of the biggest embarrassments we’ve had. 8-0. Bradford. 0-4 Villa
People have literally been posting.."Bradford away".."Hull away"...are you sure??

beat the mags 2-1, 1-0 and 0-3. Won at old trafford and stamford bridge, drew at the etihad (shouldve won to be honest) then like you say over two legs vs man united on that cup run.

some shite moments too mind, the 8-0, bradford away in the cup, hull away in the cup, villa as well.

beat the mags 2-1, 1-0 and 0-3. Won at old trafford and stamford bridge, drew at the etihad (shouldve won to be honest) then like you say over two legs vs man united on that cup run.

some shite moments too mind, the 8-0, bradford away in the cup, hull away in the cup, villa as well.
If we didn't have them bad results he would be managing a top 4 team tbh...Alex Ferguson got beat 5-0 at mags and 2-6 week after at Southampton..one off results like that happen.

If we didn't have them bad results he would be managing a top 4 team tbh...Alex Ferguson got beat 5-0 at mags and 2-6 week after at Southampton..one off results like that happen.
i doubt he'll be back anyway mate but fond memories of poyet. he wanted to play good football but didnt really have the squad

Lee Cattermole has also said in an interview that the team were devastated at the Wembley loss and in a poor frame of mind to play

Go and watch that Bradford cup tie again and then tell me you’d have him back.

Or the Villa home game where they’d scored 4 goals away from home all season then came to the SoL and had scored 4 by the end of the first half.
I went to it

I also watched us at old trafford play some great stuff and get to the cup final

I was there when we demolished the mags

I was at most games of the great escape

Indeed. And you’re doing the reverse. Di Canio beat Newcastle 0-3 and he was an utter car crash. They were as shit as us if not worse in those days
Sorry like but no way can anyone say Poyet was shit for us like.
i doubt he'll be back anyway mate but fond memories of poyet. he wanted to play good football but didnt really have the squad
Aye, no chance he'll be back. The article basically says ge is mates with Sartori and have spoke about our situation..not literally offering him the job. It ended sour for Poyet but doesn't 90% of managers leave their clubs after being sacked and not on their own terms?
Dont panic Im sure we will have a few more in the side soon
Hopefully not next season. We need better.

Last edited:

Back