Would You Have Poyet Back?

Some of the best times and some of the worst!

League cup run, great escape, beating the mags

Bradford away, Hull cup game and the horrendous run of losses afterwards that lead to the great escape, oh and before all that the 8-0 away at southampton!

Fair to say it was never dull :lol:

We developed an actual recognisable style under Poyet. Clearly it was honed mostly on the back foot, but you could actually see what tge team was trying to do. It was a bit cautious but that may have been where we were. Poyet flipped though and started getting critical of just about everything, pretty much inviting the sack - he probably had some valid reasons but he seemed to run out of enthusiasm and ideas. I can't see him fitting in to be honest - he knows more than Speakman and can spot players who aren't quite good enough too like Buckley and Bridcutt. I think we need someone new

Some of the best times and some of the worst!

League cup run, great escape, beating the mags

Bradford away, Hull cup game and the horrendous run of losses afterwards that lead to the great escape, oh and before all that the 8-0 away at southampton!

Fair to say it was never dull :lol:

His relationship with Speakman would be fascinating ! If he’d been here this season and given the strikers Mowbray was provided with I don’t think he’d have stayed beyond September.

The 2014 EFL Cup campaign was the best time of my life as a supporter.

All the times I would park up behind the metro station bridge in Edgeworth Crescent and walk to the stadium and get myself some scran and see us beat someone like Plymouth or Southampton. Then we beat Chelsea in the quarter final then Man United in the first leg of the semi final.

I remember waiting in the queue for about 8 hours to get a ticket for the final when they went on sale.

The day itself was epic. The taxi driver was a speeding nutcase. He dropped me off opposite the stadium metro station and I walked the rest of the way. This was at about 6 pm. I got really excited when my coach pulled up and especially when the doors closed and it drove away. Seeing Wembley for the first time made me even more excited. I was about three rows from the top of the South stand but I didn’t care.

It was a brilliant day. We would not have gotten there had we not sacked PDC earlier and appointed Gus. We would likely have been knocked out.

But if we reappointed Gus it would ruin the memories I have of that day. He would not be the same.
The best post of yours I’ve seen.

Anyone remember that Man Utd game away from home, where we were knocking it around for ages — nice football — then Borini hit the bar? Would’ve been some goal, that. Ki Sung-Yeung, who played at the time was so composed in that midfield. I’m sure there’s a clip of it on the internet somewhere; I’ve seen it posted on here before…

Back