Would You Charge Your Family For Xmas Dinner?

That’s reminded me, I’m due my annual row with my in laws about who’s paying for stuff.

My argument is we go to them so we should buy a decent chunk of the bait, my MiL rarely agrees with this, but I did get away with paying for it last year. I may just say nowt and hope it doesn’t come up.

If you've got someone who says it's on me then fair enough but at least bring enough booze and nibbles to share. To actively say the price for you coming is xxx amount then I'd be like enjoy Xmas on your own you tight twunt. No need to charge family for coming over. Even agree who brings what to cover ffs

We all chip in and take turns to do it. This year is our turn for 16. I've bought the meat, My Mam is dropping the veg of Sunday morning and my sister's are bringing desert. Everyone brings their own plonk.

No... Any party or whatever I never expect anything.. I'm hosting

I was invited to a 60th couple months ago. They are far from skint but the wife said oh if you could bring this etc.. cheeky fuck .

If people to choose to fair enough.

If I go somewhere I would never go empty handed

If it was my mar, I wouldn't want her to pay for everything so I'd try and pay or get her extra presents/flowers. I should be looking after her now after she's spent money on me all her life.

No. Hosting is fun and bringing money into things takes that away.

The inlaws do often give us some cash towards it, but we never spend cash so it usually goes into a pot and gets spent on ice cream in the summer.

Back