Would Simms and Broadhead have meant top 6?

I mean on the surface it just seems so obvious that it would’ve, and that’s what so many of us find so unforgivable about our current predicament.

Can anyone defend the indefensible and say they wouldn’t have lifted us into the playoffs?

I mean on the surface it just seems so obvious that it would’ve, and that’s what so many of us find so unforgivable about our current predicament.

Can anyone defend the indefensible and say they wouldn’t have lifted us into the playoffs?
They’d have made us better, but the truth is we were never going to pay the money for Simms & up until a month ago it looked like a terrible waste. He’s hit a very good patch right now.

Broadhead turned us down to go to Wigan. I don’t blame us for not going back in for him. I did expect us to sign better though.

They’d have made us better, but the truth is we were never going to pay the money for Simms & up until a month ago it looked like a terrible waste. He’s hit a very good patch right now.

Broadhead turned us down to go to Wigan. I don’t blame us for not going back in for him. I did expect us to sign better though.

Why do you think he turned us down?

Simms has scored in 6 league games this season and was worth nowhere near what Coventry have/will pay for him.

Not sure why you are mentioning broadhead considering he was on loan in league one, turned us down and left on a permanent last January

Last edited:
Half decent strikers would have covered for the defensive weaknesses in a few games i'd imagine, and before Beale we were still in touching distance of the play offs, but to be honest I still think we'd have fallen short this season

Probably wouldn't have been as negative and dreary mind

Simms has scored in 6 league games this season and was worth nowhere near what Coventry have/will pay for him.

Not sure why you are mentioning broadhead considering he was on loan in league one, turned us down and left on a permanent last January
Totally agree.. I get the clammer for simms now coz we’re shite but at the time. Not a chance is / was he worth it. He was ok for us.

Alex Neil said publicly. The day before Bristol City, it was all agreed & he was coming back on loan. Simms scored 2, Stewart got one & he said after that weekend he’d decided to go elsewhere. Neil said he thought it was because he was scared he wouldn’t get a lot of game time because if Simm’s emergence

Its funny how alex neil is a snake and a chancer unless what he says fits the right narrative.

3 sides to every story.

Simms has scored in 6 league games this season and was worth nowhere near what Coventry have paid for him.

So more league goals than all our strikers put together?

Re Broadhead, did we make a compelling enough pitch to him? Was it not the case that we thought there’s better value abroad, which has turned out not to be the case (Rusyn < Broadhead)?

Last edited:
Half decent strikers would have covered for the defensive weaknesses in a few games i'd imagine, and before Beale we were still in touching distance of the play offs, but to be honest I still think we'd have fallen short this season

It's great how last year the start of th season showed us 2 strikers isnt enough and come january... We hadn't learnt the lesson.

End of last season we ran out of centre backs because we didnt have enough cover so this january... We shipped out triantis and now we're short at the back again.

Simms has cost £3m so far and is worth that imo. We spent that combined on Rusyn and Mayenda and I know which is far better value.

Even at £5m, the max fee Coventry will pay if they don't go up while he's there, he's far better value than the money we've shelled out on Rusyn, Mayenda and Hemir combined.

So more league goals than all our strikers put together?

Re Broadhead, did we make a compelling enough pitch to him? Was it not the case that we thought there’s better value abroad, which has turned out be not to be the case (Rusyn < Broadhead)?

He might have more goals but he’s not worth the transfer fee. He still struggles to control the ball. Seen him on tv numerous times this season and against us and the ball still bounces 10 yards away from him.

We tried to get broadhead summer ‘22 and he turned us down. Rusyn doesn’t come into it

Last edited:
Its funny how alex neil is a snake and a chancer unless what he says fits the right narrative.

3 sides to every story.
What he did in the way that he left was completely wrong, however, I dont think anybody would disagree with anything that he said whilst he was here. It all was pretty level headed & straight forward.

Don’t think he’s been described as a chancer like.

Back