Would a formation change help?

I think first off we need one of them things all clubs have, a manager.

Our lot are different though, they thought it was ok not to have 1 for the last 13 games

I have been thinking about this a lot and have decided that we could try this formation out of possession. This is how it would look on paper, a nominal 4-2-3-1

Logon or register to see this image

And something beautiful like this in settled possession to provide defensive solidity and numbers in attack.

Can somebody challenge me on this?

I hear what you're saying mate but we don't play that way. At all levels we have a way of playing and it's supposed to be drilled into them from a young age. We play out from the back and try and draw teams on to us to create space. The idea itself isn't a bad way of operating and it's much better than lumping it forward for a targetman to flick on or hold up and bring others into play. My point is that the players we have in the starting 11 are not good enough to play the way they're being asked to play. They don't have the quality or experience needed at this level. It will stand us in good stead if we persist with it but who wants to endure pathetic performances now because we might be canny in a few years time? The not deviating from the model or being flexible enough to make adjustments to it will ultimately be our downfall. If you go and replace men with boys who aren't ready you're a disaster waiting to happen.
Not many championship defenders can play that way not many premiership ones can either its ridiculous trying to replicate a style played by world class defenders you need to play to your strengths not just try and force a certain style because its trendy
I have been thinking about this a lot and have decided that we could try this formation out of possession. This is how it would look on paper, a nominal 4-2-3-1

And something beautiful like this in settled possession to provide defensive solidity and numbers in attack.

Can somebody challenge me on this?

Hume is not and never will be an attacking player if anyone’s playing right wingback it should be mundle

Last edited:

Back