Worst player of the match today

Hjelde for me.

Plenty of moments in that game where our players were being divs though.

Patterson and Jobe being a div for the first
Rigg being a div for the 2nd
The defence being divs for the 3rd and 4th

Just so easy.
Pattison need dropping , if he was not a local lad he would be getting pelters, even the saints fans behind his goal could see him sulking today and were taking the piss. when he has the ball at hid feet i cant watch scares the shit out of me . divvy one keeper at best.

Surely it wasn't £2m!! :eek:

Transfer Insider Fabrizio Romano also added: "Sunderland have agreed deal to sign Leo Fuhr Hjelde, Norway U21 left back has also accepted contract proposal. Fee will be £2million for Hjelde to join Sunderland, as first called by Telegraph — Leeds just gave the green light."

Last edited:
Hjelde is absolutely shocking and I honestly don’t know what anyone saw in him.

Presumably the owner wasn't too fussed on splashing out big in January to go for promotion considering our business and that we wouldn't pay the money for the likes of Moore or M'vila etc - so why have they sanctioned a permanent transfer with a pretty big fee on a long contract for a left back who would be fifth best behind Cirkin, Alese, Hume and Huggins in that position if everyone was fit?

Could understand it if we went all out for play offs so they wanted someone natural in that position but we aren't, surely we just get a bit cover in that position and see it through till the end of the season.

Such a bizarre signing.

Transfer Insider Fabrizio Romano also added: "Sunderland have agreed deal to sign Leo Fuhr Hjelde, Norway U21 left back has also accepted contract proposal. Fee will be £2million for Hjelde to join Sunderland, as first called by Telegraph — Leeds just gave the green light."
Jaw dropping we waste £2m on him mind.

Back