Worse Test XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin McCague.

Min Patel.

Gavin Hamilton - must be one of the few players to have played Test cricket and have neither a batting or bowling average - out for 2 ducks and wicketless when he bowled.

Mark Lathwell
Ed Smith
Mark Ramprakash
Graeme Hick
Richard Blakey
Mark Ealham
Adam Hollioake
Mike Smith
Darrin Pattinson
Simon Brown
Min Patel

Did mark Nicholas ever get a cap?

nope

Amjad Khan.

Bryce McGAIN

Gerry Cosier

Dirk Wellham

MARK VERMUELAN- (WASN'T WIRED UP RIGHT, HIM)

Mark Dekker

Dion Ebrahim

Douglas Hondo

Bryan Strang

Piet Rinke- couldn't even get in Scarborough's top 4!

Chris Schofield

Steve James

Matthew Bell NZ

Daniel Flynn NZ

Last edited:
Had the Aussies on the ropes at that point as well, Matthew Elliott on 20 something not out, goes on to make 199 and the Aussies win by an innings. Oh what might have been....

It was really sad that summer how quickly the euphoria and hope drained away. IIRC, we'd hammered the Aussies in the pre Test ODIs and humped them at Edgbaston.

After that it was all downhill, clinging on for a draw at Lord's with lots of rain then hammered in the next 3 Tests, another series over before winning an exciting Oval dead rubber.

It was really sad that summer how quickly the euphoria and hope drained away. IIRC, we'd hammered the Aussies in the pre Test ODIs and humped them at Edgbaston.

After that it was all downhill, clinging on for a draw at Lord's with lots of rain then hammered in the next 3 Tests, another series over before winning an exciting Oval dead rubber.

My first Ashes series that was, I remember going mad when Stewie hit the winnings runs at Edgbaston. I thought we did ok at Lord's (in the 2nd innings anyway) considering how lethal McGrath was there, particularly back then. Old Trafford and Trent Bridge a disaster, but Headingly re-kindled the hope of the first test, until Thorpe put Elliott down.

Tuffers and Caddick tearing them a new one at the Oval was a giggle though when the Aussies just thought they had to turn up for another easy win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back