World test championship

Can’t disagree with much of this, especially the terminology point. I particularly hate “gun fielder”
The whole point of language is evolution.

The word literally is now defined in the dictionary alongside its original usage(when it completely contradicts the original use of the word) due to how people use that word.

We speak completely differently to how we did less than a hundred years ago, so you're both sounding Victorian as she puts it.

Test championship is completely meh though agreed with her on that. Got to do something to shake test cricket up a tad though

The whole point of language is evolution.

The word literally is now defined in the dictionary alongside its original usage(when it completely contradicts the original use of the word) due to how people use that word.

We speak completely differently to how we did less than a hundred years ago, so you're both sounding Victorian as she puts it.

Test championship is completely meh though agreed with her on that. Got to do something to shake test cricket up a tad though
Of course, that doesn’t mean you can’t hate some the phrases surely?

Of course, that doesn’t mean you can’t hate some the phrases surely?
True enough but I don't really let it bother me. To the point of devoting half an article about it, when the focal point was the test championship.

Buzzers is the one that stand outs, that Nas has seemingly got them all saying.

True enough but I don't really let it bother me. To the point of devoting half an article about it, when the focal point was the test championship.

Buzzers is the one that stand outs, that Nas has seemingly got them all saying.
Fair enough. Not disagreeing, but I think it was just setting the scene that one day razzmatazz is taking over.

The idea of a championship might give more context to matches in countries where test cricket isn't as popular now as years gone by. Which is basically everywhere apart from England and Australia. Its worth a try.

Back