Stuart Bingham v Peter Ebdon

Kyren Wilson v David Grace

Mark Allen v Jimmy Robertson

John Higgins v Martin Gould

Barry Hawkins v Tom Ford

Ali Carter v Graeme Dott

Anthony McGill v Stephen Maguire

Judd Trump v Rory McLeod

Top half of the draw looks to be very competitive and Ronnie backers be aware that he'll likely run into recent China Open Champ Shaun Murphy if he overcomes Wallsend's Gary Wilson (who hit a 147 in the opening qualifying round) in his 1st round match, then, if the seeding goes to plan he'd meet Ding Junhui in the quarters and Mark Selby in the semi. Very tough schedule.

Anybody else got tickets for this year? Most sessions sold out well before the draw was done but 5 of us heading there next Friday for the morning session.

Trump favourite to win it. I fancy Ronnie at 5s though

Could be some cracking 2nd round ties the way the draw pans out with Ronnie v Murphy, Trump v McGill, Robertson v Fu and Allen v Higgins all possibilities.

Selby is probably playing the most consistently of all of them but his route to the final is a minefield.

I'll go with Neil Roberston (though I can't stand him) from the top half and John Higgins and Ant McGill to have decent runs from the bottom half at decent odds.

I'm hoping McGill gets far, enjoy watching him play. Battle of the jocks with him and McGuire, could go either way.

I've always liked Maguire, just comes across as a normal bloke I reckon.

They asked him how he was going to rest in preparation for the start of the torunament after his win the other day, go home or stay in sheffield. He said he was off out to get drunk.

Bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back