World Cup 2026 Confirmed venues

coyneeee

Winger
One for the planners who are wanting to go over the states for the next world cup.

Host City is New Jersey's MetLife Stadium which will host the final - Washington's FedExField was rejected as a venue for its poor maintenance - However Mexico will open the tournament in Mexico City's Azteca Stadium and the 2nd group game will be on the same day in Guadalajara -

All 3 co-hosts will play their group games in their own nations - US will play in the SoFi Stadium in New Jersey then Lumen Field in Seattle then back to SoFi. Canada will play in Toronto then the next 2 games in Vancouver. Mexico will play in Mexico City, then Guadalajara then back to Mexico City.

Stadiums in the US have been divided into regions to prevent absurd travel times (West Coast, Central and East Coast) - The shortest distance is from Texas to Houston at 500 miles, the longest is from LA to Boston at 2700 miles.

The only hazard which has been highlighted is LA's SoFi stadium which has a transparent roof and no air conditioning - Vancouver has been designated as West Coast so whoever gets either USA or Canada in their group will be playing at LA at 1 point during the group stage

One for the planners who are wanting to go over the states for the next world cup.

Host City is New Jersey's MetLife Stadium which will host the final - Washington's FedExField was rejected as a venue for its poor maintenance - However Mexico will open the tournament in Mexico City's Azteca Stadium and the 2nd group game will be on the same day in Guadalajara -

All 3 co-hosts will play their group games in their own nations - US will play in the SoFi Stadium in New Jersey then Lumen Field in Seattle then back to SoFi. Canada will play in Toronto then the next 2 games in Vancouver. Mexico will play in Mexico City, then Guadalajara then back to Mexico City.

Stadiums in the US have been divided into regions to prevent absurd travel times (West Coast, Central and East Coast) - The shortest distance is from Texas to Houston at 500 miles, the longest is from LA to Boston at 2700 miles.

The only hazard which has been highlighted is LA's SoFi stadium which has a transparent roof and no air conditioning - Vancouver has been designated as West Coast so whoever gets either USA or Canada in their group will be playing at LA at 1 point during the group stage

LA's stadium is in Inglewood which is on the West Side - near the ocean so it doesn't get too hot at all. Nice cooling breeze out in that part of the city.

FedEx is a dump so no issues there either.

Shame that Chicago gets no games - they didn't want to deal with FIFA's bullshit and con artistry. Fair dues, I guess.

Thought MetLife was a bit of a dump when I was there 5 years for NFL and it absolutely pissed down all day. Hopefully the weather will be better for the World Cup in the summer

Thought MetLife was a bit of a dump when I was there 5 years for NFL and it absolutely pissed down all day. Hopefully the weather will be better for the World Cup in the summer
Could fancy NY for my 50th with a birthday bash in one of the MetLife lounges

Have read it's a bit of tip like you say though

Thanks For posting. Hopefully the game in Vancouver will be played on real turf! Some great bars their mind in Gas Town and close to the stadium.

We have family in Atlanta so will probably try and make plans to get there and possibly Miami for a match, I can only get out in July when schools come off so hopefully be able to source some tickets somehow.

Mercedes Benz stadium is brilliant, I think the USA are building a main base/facility in Atlanta now.

I’m really looking forward to the tournament. Loads of great places to visit

Tbf that’s no surprise. The stadium is a dump and has been for years. Transport is also poor - although I acknowledge that Gillette isn’t much better

Last edited:
I think it would be an amazing World Cup to go to if you had the money. Tour about the states and Canada, but there are far too many games . The group stage is almost pointless, 70 plus games to get rid of 16 of the 48 teams.

Back