bangladesh vs qualifier 1 - fri 31st may - £25, £35, £40, £50
new zealand vs qualifier 2 - sat 8th june 2019 - £25, £35, £40, £50
pakistan vs sri lanka - tues 11th june 2019 - £30, £45, £65, £80

just been sent a questionnaire from durham ccc about the world cup 2019
anyway it appears we are getting 3 fixtures

Unless they give a serious amount to schools they'll get about 4K at the first one and not many more for the second (EDIT - just realised the WI may be one so that would sudddenlt be canny!).

Hope Scotland qualify and get a slot too?

Last edited:

Thanks for that I'll be putting in for all 3.

Bit strange to have Pakistan Vs. Sri Lanka in an area where there isn't that big of an Asian population though.

We'll be alright for the CWC, they'll all come out the woodwork like they did for the Rugby World Cup.
I hope you are right but the biggest disappointment for me of Durhams time as a first class county has been the lack of locals who actually attend the Riverside to watch any form of cricket. The numbers are certainly dwindling as well as each year a few more of the Riverside regulars kick the bucket.

I hope you are right but the biggest disappointment for me of Durhams time as a first class county has been the lack of locals who actually attend the Riverside to watch any form of cricket. The numbers are certainly dwindling as well as each year a few more of the Riverside regulars kick the bucket.

It got great crowds for T20 in 2003 at £6 in, then they yanked the cost up and the ECB bloated the tournament with too many games. A real shame.

I vaguely remember going to Pakistan v Scotland in 1999. How many did we get for that?

I wouldn't attend a Pakistan fixture if I was paid to.

Nothing there interests me, especially when i'd have to take time off work. Pity the prices weren't lower, might entice a few more into the ground, £10/£15 tickets

ECB really f***ing hate us don't they?

Is that not the same for all Counties? 4 day game has never been well attended and the one dayers dropped off as soon as they changed it from 40 to 50 overs. 40 overs on a Sunday, starting art 2pm was perfect. Fewer people willing to invest a whole day with an 11am start

ECB really f***ing hate us don't they?

Is that not the same for all Counties? 4 day game has never been well attended and the one dayers dropped off as soon as they changed it from 40 to 50 overs. 40 overs on a Sunday, starting art 2pm was perfect. Fewer people willing to invest a whole day with an 11am start
No. I have been going to watch Durham on a regular basis in all forms of the game for over 20 seasons and one of the biggest problems is getting locals to attend the cricket on a regular basis. Also over the years the regulars are getting older and passing away and not being replaced by the new breed of recently retired folk with loads of time on their hands.
There was more supporters who used to attend in the 90s when at times Durham where awful than 15/20 years later when they have been one of the best sides in the country. I keep hearing people make excuses and blaming all sorts for why people don't attend but the top and bottom of it is that the North East sporting public have not embraced Durham as a first class county the way a lot of people including myself thought they would.

Back