World Class Athletes at Numerous Sports.

Alex Pereira

Kickboxing champion and MMA champion.

Technically different sports although both combat

Yeah there’s a few you could name in martial arts / combat sports. Fedor Emlianenko immediately springs to mind. World class at Sambo, Judo and MMA.
Probably not even ranked, that's how difficult it is, you won't find a world class footballer that's also a world class rugby player

Far too different. No way a footballer could carry the bulk a pro Rugby player needs to and be world class.

Last edited:
Yeah there’s a few you could name in martial arts / combat sports. Fedor Emlianenko immediately springs to mind. World class at Sambo, Judo and MMA.
Ngannou, considering boxing and UFC are such different disciplines Now ranked as a top 10 heavyweight.

Another who strikes me as someone who’d probably do well in a lot of sports.

Ngannou, considering boxing and UFC are such different disciplines Now ranked as a top 10 heavyweight.

Another who strikes me as someone who’d probably do well in a lot of sports.

Jon Jones just popped into my head. Was a very good American football player and I’m sure won national wrestling championships before moving into MMA. Although wrestling is clearly a big part of his game in MMA.

All his brothers played in the NFL I believe as well.

Eddie Hall.

Was a competitive swimmer prior to becoming a strongman, and now just makes videos where he turns up in random sports and demolishes records (CrossFit) and top competitors in the sport. Such as here where he beats a champion sumo in his first training session. :lol:

Eddie Hall.

Was a competitive swimmer prior to becoming a strongman, and now just makes videos where he turns up in random sports and demolishes records (CrossFit) and top competitors in the sport. Such as here where he beats a champion sumo in his first training session. :lol:

The less said about his foray into boxing the better though.

Ash Barty took a break from tennis to play cricket for the Brisbane Heat for a couple of years. She then went back to tennis and became world number 1, winning Wimbledon and the Aussie Open. She’s now retired from both and is just 27.

Rafa Nadal was rumoured to be good enough to make it professionally as a footballer player but at the age of 14 had to choose between football and tennis. Didn't end too badly in the end...

Back