World Chess championship match 2018

FootballFan

Striker
Cant see any thread on this yet, its the most cracking match in decades potentially

Magnus Carlsen (World number 1) versus Fabiano Caruana (World number 2)

Caruana has had an absolutely incredible year and is in top form.

Match going on in London, lets see if there is a changing of the guard........

Is that to me?

Aye, the english fella won one game too. Kasparov even let him run it right through the checkmate, which was very kind of him really.

No...I was referring to the current series.

(I went to see the Kasparov v Nigel Short game for half a day at the Savoy theatre)

Game 3 another draw.

That leaves 9 games left.

I just hope the match does not end in a tie and get decided in rapidplay or blitz like last time.

It is a farce if the world champion at classical chess ends up being decided by a rapid or blitz game.They may as well play table tennis or a game of draughts to decide the title.

Game 3 another draw.

I just hope the match does not end in a tie and get decided in rapidplay or blitz like last time.

It is a farce if the world champion at classical chess ends up being decided by a rapid or blitz game.They may as well play table tennis or a game of draughts to decide the title.

Is there a live stream anywhere mate?

Is there a live stream anywhere mate?

The live stream with camera views of the players they are charging for, must check though probably some Russian has hacked it by now.

I am following the Chess24 coverage of the games on youtube

Alexander Grischuk is brilliant when he connects a bit into the game, has a great sense of humour, good to hear a top 10 player discussing whats happening.

Game 3 another draw.

The existing time limits are very constraining imo. In games of this importance, they should be allowed an average of 60 minutes for each move!

Back