Working from home

It’s hard work like and must be hell on earth working from home.
Them lucky pitmen who used to crawl around on their hands and knees hewing coal didn’t know how lucky they were.

I’ve just moved to a new job with a company based in Europe.

I’m based in London but run their Italian, Spanish and Portuguese operations, which means working from home for the next 12m. Then I’ll probably move to Lisbon tbh and still work from home

Just said I was leaving for another job, canny pay rise and can work from home going forward bar when I have to travel.

1st decent trip looks like Copenhagen end of Sep.

I’ve just moved to a new job with a company based in Europe.

I’m based in London but run their Italian, Spanish and Portuguese operations, which means working from home for the next 12m. Then I’ll probably move to Lisbon tbh and still work from home
Can you speak all those languages or is it not a requirement of your role?

Every week I say I should pop in to work and I never do. I get much more done at home, even though I get more micro breaks.

plan is, come November, it’s two days in work and three at home.
HQ in Aberdeen are gonna send people back, I go into a office to sit in an office on my own.

Used to leave house 06:30 and in at 18:30, fuck that anymore.
So was mine, got killed in Silksworth pit although long before I was born.
I was just being a little cynical about the modern day “issues”.
Christ that must of been before WW1 mate :)

Company is still in the process of moving the location that’s my ‘home office’ to a new part of the same city. So can’t go in.

Clients are starting to go back but it’s as and when they feel like it, so difficult to plan visits and there’s really no business need for the expenses anyway.

The line from the company remains its going to be down to a combination of your choice, business needs and client needs. Which is as it always was, just most people went to an office by default.

We are restructuring at work, crackers time to do it, but not my call. A big factor in the positions I’m looking at are whether they are hands on and therefore in person 4-5 days, or more strategic and therefore more teams/zoom meetings where I’d be at home 4-5 days. I’be always preferred the hands on stuff, but with a baby to think about my priorities have changed and I want to be around more.

Back