working from home/flexible working

3 days in two days at home woudk be happy medium for me..

Or maybe one week in offixe one week at home
But if hardly anyone will be in the office, so it'll lose it's appeal and fewer people again will go in.
"Sky Sports on all day"
And this is why home working should be scrapped
Why, if the work gets done, who cares.

When I do ever go into the office, I get very little done compared to WFH.
Couple of papers speculating about a push to get people back into the office mid year
They can push all they want, we've closed a lot of ours.
Ultimately it will depend on the employer. Some will be happy for people to continue to wfh; others will want people in.
The economics of companies who 'want people in' for no other reason, will dictate they will not survive as they'll have unnecessary costs that other companies don't.

Last edited:
Think a lot of the out of town office places like Doxford etc will have a lot more empty spaces available.

The norm will be working from home with smaller, more accessible central hub offices via public transport. With teams booking out space when they need to work collaboratively or for meetings / workshops.

Fits an agenda to get more cars off the road as well.

But if hardly anyone will be in the office, so it'll lose it's appeal and fewer people again will go in.
If 30-40% of workforce is in then be still people around.. and because a lot of office space might be released would mean you wouldn't be a desk here and a desk there

Back