Work electric car schemes

Aye, it’ll depend on your scheme. Ours was through Lex and the choice was a Tesla, an Audi e-tron or a Kia e-niro. I got the latter. Might be a different choice these days 🤷🏼‍♂️

How much would a model S be per month about?

The S has been withdrawn from my work scheme. The Y and 3 are around £500-600. I got quoted £900 for a Taycan.

If it’s an all-inclusive scheme, at say 10,000 miles a year, anything less than £500 is a steal but I’d say you’re looking at £600 at least for an S.

I got an I-PACE for £370 but they’re asking for £450 now for the same car, so doubt I’ll renew.

There are of course many schemes and prices may vary.

The S has been withdrawn from my work scheme. The Y and 3 are around £500-600. I got quoted £900 for a Taycan.

If it’s an all-inclusive scheme, at say 10,000 miles a year, anything less than £500 is a steal but I’d say you’re looking at £600 at least for an S.

I got an I-PACE for £370 but they’re asking for £450 now for the same car, so doubt I’ll renew.

There are of course many schemes and prices may vary.
Nice one thanks

Closer to £30k. There may be cheaper.
That’s my problem with them. That’s way out of range for most of the population for a car imo, especially these days

should be some for about £10 to 15 grand if they are serious about emissions being lowered

That’s my problem with them. That’s way out of range for most of the population for a car imo, especially these days

should be some for about £10 to 15 grand if they are serious about emissions being lowered

Car manufacturers see EV as the Emperor’s new clothes. A justification to hike prices.

Car manufacturers see EV as the Emperor’s new clothes. A justification to hike prices.
Either that or they’re recovering the money spent on research? It’s pretty standard for new tech to be expensive until it becomes mainstream.
Closer to £30k. There may be cheaper.
Smart EQ is closer to £20k I think…not many in that price range tho. The range is shite anarl.

Last edited:
Either that or they’re recovering the money spent on research? It’s pretty standard for new tech to be expensive until it becomes mainstream.

Smart EQ is closer to £20k I think…not many in that price range tho. The range is shite anarl.
I’ve just saw that when I m Googled a bit later. Massive compromises just to get one.

I love how everyone says, it’s only cost my 11pence to go from Edinburgh to London. Erm aye, divide the capital cost of the car, the interest, the insurance, the time you’ve spent waiting for it to charge. It’s not as cheap as you think.

You'd struggle to get an fossil fuel burner with equivalent spec for that price. I walked past a garage yesterday and a Yaris was £16k.

Back