Wood Burning Stove

Casper

Midfield
What's the average cost of the supply and fit for one of these nowadays?

I was quoted about £1000 in a previous house but I can imagine prices will have gone up.

It will depend on what work is involved including whether you have an existing chimney opened up ready and hearth. Looking around £2k if need it all doing - spending on stove can be from £500 to £5,000 too

It will depend on what work is involved including whether you have an existing chimney opened up ready and hearth. Looking around £2k if need it all doing - spending on stove can be from £500 to £5,000 too
Got the chimney, there is a gas fire in at the moment. Would need the existing hearth removing and making good.

Would you say that's the upper end of that figure?

Got the chimney, there is a gas fire in at the moment. Would need the existing hearth removing and making good.

I’d say around £1500 , we’ve paid nearer the £2k in both our houses when we got them installed but that included knocking out bricks and plastering , hearth , liner , burner and installation including chimney work

Gas prices are going to rise but they will never exceed purchased wood, unless you can get free wood don't do it. Fuel fashion is expensive.

Gas prices are going to rise but they will never exceed purchased wood, unless you can get free wood don't do it. Fuel fashion is expensive.
I think it's more of a vanity piece if I'm completely honest. Had one in a house I lived in and it was nice in the winter as an addition to the central heating.

We do have a very convincing gas one in another room that runs off a remote that was in when we moved in.

I don't know if it would be cheaper or more expensive to put one of them in?

We paid just under £5k for ours about two years ago. Multi fuel burner, about 20 inches wide. Needed a fake chimney built and tiled. Thought it was a tad expensive but the Mrs insisted 🤷‍♂️
Must admit though I love it. Nowt better than putting it on when it’s cold outside and watching tv with a few drinks and the fire roaring.

( I sound like a reet gadgy don’t I 🤣🤣 )

Fitted and used correctly you get next to no ash from burning wood. If I use mine daily then the ash need reducing every 2-4 weeks and the glass front needs cleaning every 2 weeks. To clean the glass dip a damp cloth or sponge into the ash and wipe the glass with it, it'll be spotless with 2 minutes of rubbing. I don't use my central heating in winter, only the wood burner. Anyway gas central heating is being phased out and fitting it in new buildings will be illegal soon. Haway the sustainable wood.

Back