Women cricketers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy O'Dors

Striker
Do they wear a box?

It was a question that came up in the club yesterday when we were watching both games at the same time on different tellies.

No. I asked exactly that the first my daughter started playing hard ball cricket. I do think they need to have some protection getting hit at 70 odd mph in the pubic bone would be f***ing grim....and before anyone harps on about lasses not bowling at 70 odd, Most decent women cricketers play mens weekend cricket.

Being serious, is there no equipment designed specifically for female young and older players?

Could be a money spinner in years to come if someone created one

why would it need to be any different from the male stuff? a box would protect them between the legs perfectly fine.

Incredibly dangerous apparently. More chance of causing very serious damage. Was advised that by ECB when I asked about it for my daughter. There is a protector available but I've never heard my daughter mention anyone wearing one.

Incredibly dangerous apparently. More chance of causing very serious damage. Was advised that by ECB when I asked about it for my daughter. There is a protector available but I've never heard my daughter mention anyone wearing one.

well that's a surprise....dangerous to make assumptions when it comes to safety

No. I asked exactly that the first my daughter started playing hard ball cricket. I do think they need to have some protection getting hit at 70 odd mph in the pubic bone would be f***ing grim....and before anyone harps on about lasses not bowling at 70 odd, Most decent women cricketers play mens weekend cricket.

Speaking of which we are playing a side today and a lass playing for them got two hat tricks in the same match last week.

The opposition they were up against were poor, but even so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back