Winter 2020 cricket Aus, NZ, SA

Tremendous battling from India. Another 90 or 100 runs and the pressure is right back on Australia. At 180 odd for 6, I thought the tourists would be then skittled out for about 220. Whatever happens it's been a canny series for India.

And Paine drops another simple catch. :lol: Mitchell Starc rightly furious. :lol:

Last edited:
I think the commentators are underestimating Washington Sundar's innings. Took all the punishment from the constant bodyline bowling and set up a superb 7th wicket partnership. Gutsy as fuck and helped bring India right back in this test match.

some brainless bowling by the Aussies at times there, fair enough got some wickets with the short stuff, but they did far too much of it.

Australia are in an awkward situation if they want to win the series. Rain forecast in the next couple of days so they need quick runs. That, though, leaves them open to taking risks and losing wickets cheaply if its one risk too many.

Think Aus will cruise to a win from this position but no shame on India. Done superb just to take it this far into the tour

Good grief, something I said would happen actually has. :eek: Taking too many risks and an Australian collapse! This is 50/50 now.
Ridiculous. Thakur given an official warning for intimidatory bowling. After everything the hosts pace attack have done to bust up as many Indian batsmen as possible.

Last edited:
I hope the weather doesn't ruin the final day and there is a full days play. It's been an excellent series really impressed with India and their attitude, especially with the players they have not had available.

The Indian bowlers done really well. Early on it looked like Australia would race to a lead big enough to have four complete sessions of bowling India out. But once that flurry of wickets came, the constantly accurate bowling and good fielding meant the hosts had to bat a lot longer than they would've liked.

If it had been the full 98 overs available tomorrow, I've no doubt India would've had a go. As it is, a draw and level series would be a remarkable outcome, bearing in mind the debacle of 36 all out in the 1st test and subsequent injuries

The Indian bowlers done really well. Early on it looked like Australia would race to a lead big enough to have four complete sessions of bowling India out. But once that flurry of wickets came, the constantly accurate bowling and good fielding meant the hosts had to bat a lot longer than they would've liked.

If it had been the full 98 overs available tomorrow, I've no doubt India would've had a go. As it is, a draw and level series would be a remarkable outcome, bearing in mind the debacle of 36 all out in the 1st test and subsequent injuries

They’ve exposed some major flaws in aussies batting

Athers summed it up well on Sky, they have 2 bankers, Smith and Marcus L. The strength of their lineup depends on whether warner is over Hill or not

It will be interesting to see if this Cameron Green is still around for the Ashes. Like quite a few Aussie all rounders over the years he looks the part without actually taking any wickets. He reminds me of Simon O'Donnell from the 1980s (one for the over 5Os) and a few since.

It will be interesting to see if this Cameron Green is still around for the Ashes. Like quite a few Aussie all rounders over the years he looks the part without actually taking any wickets. He reminds me of Simon O'Donnell from the 1980s (one for the over 5Os) and a few since.

His first class record is outstanding, but he hasn't shown much this series I agree

All the Aussie greats rate him mind, and they dont for a lot of the other lads, they seem to think long term he is the answer

True though will he last ill the Ashes, he will need to score runs or take wickets at some point

Back