Winter 2020 cricket Aus, NZ, SA

I honestly think it's gonna get to a point where the major cricketing nations - say us, NZ, India, SA - all band together and say we're not prepared to play Australia until CA and the team clean up their act.

Probably won't happen like as the Series' are too lucrative, especially the Ashes. But something needs to be done, and you get the feeling everyone else has really had enough of the Aussies

The team act like dicks, then you throw in the racism from the crowd, classlessness from CA (the 4-0 hands when they lifted the Urn, for example)...
Would love it to happen but can’t see it. Too much money involved as you say

Wonder who they'd go for as next captain. Cummins is vice captain but bowlers are always a bit of a gamble. Labuschagne potentially but still relatively inexperienced

There's no outstanding candidates other than Smith. Whether yesterday's incident will count against him remains to be seen, he certainly seems to have followed some path of redemption in the eyes of the Australian public, probably due to the weight of runs he has scored since his return. I wouldn't be surprised if it went to him as they do have a problem in identifying their next captain.

Bowlers are a gamble as you say, Wade is experienced but surely another who'll not be in the test side much longer and Warner is surely a no go.

Aaron Finch always strikes me as the best of the Australians and a good leader, but for some reason he's only played 6 tests.

There's no outstanding candidates other than Smith. Whether yesterday's incident will count against him remains to be seen, he certainly seems to have followed some path of redemption in the eyes of the Australian public, probably due to the weight of runs he has scored since his return. I wouldn't be surprised if it went to him as they do have a problem in identifying their next captain.

Bowlers are a gamble as you say, Wade is experienced but surely another who'll not be in the test side much longer and Warner is surely a no go.

Aaron Finch always strikes me as the best of the Australians and a good leader, but for some reason he's only played 6 tests.
Jason Roy scenario, technique didn't look uptoit for test cricket

Hope they go for a seamer. Very rarely works.

Anyone know who is the most likely player to take the gloves off Paine whenever that decision is made. I thought it was going to be Alex Carey as I thought he was a young gun but just noticed he is nearly 30.
Not sure Paine will make the Ashes series.

Sounds like the Aussies are losing their heads a bit. Paine isn’t even a very good keeper, poor batsmen and poor captain.

Would love India to win or get a draw in the last test. Won’t happen like cos I’m not even sure what team they can select - missing at least 6 of their squad

Back