Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks the part don’t he, good on the ball, strong, quick. Quality today.
Quick and strong certainly, stepped out with the ball a couple of times but his passing is standard league one centre half standard, Ozturk is the better passer of the two IMO. Just about MoM today though.

That was a tremendous header. Three oppo players and he still got in there and got a superb downward header in.
It was the best quality moment I’ve seen from us in a long time. His all round game was good as well.
I even enjoyed his unassuming interview at the end as well..top marks Mr Willis!

Did he play the whole of last season at centre half and not get a booking?

Edit : just checked and yup, 38 appearances, 0 bookings, 0 red cards.

Impressive.

Last edited:
That's the first goal he's ever scored with his head. Quite surprising cos he took it really well. Have the feeling it might not be the last. Very good today, apart from being all owa the place for their goal.

Be nice if we could shift a centre back and bring another one in.

Baldwin seems out in the cold. Has been since the Coventry game. I'm in the minority but I think there's a player in him somewhere.

Shame but maybe he will be traded out for one coming in.
That's the first goal he's ever scored with his head. Quite surprising cos he took it really well. Have the feeling it might not be the last. Very good today, apart from being all owa the place for their goal.

Whole defence was TBH. Power trying to make up for his error and making things worse was the real problem.

Ozturk was our best centre half yesterday, Willis will get headlines because of his goal(great header by the way) but Ozturk had very good game and why Jack Ross thought Flanagan was better option to start season is both bewildering and concerning.

He said it was the first goal he's scored with his head, which is surprising for a centre back.

Really debatable for me. The ball's like a hot potato at times at his feet. He's uncomfortable with it.

Might be just me?

I feel the same, doesn’t look that comfortable. But what I do like is that he really attack’s the ball in the air, like the corner he scored, he didn’t just jump for the header he really threw himself at it to win it

Ozturk was our best centre half yesterday, Willis will get headlines because of his goal(great header by the way) but Ozturk had very good game and why Jack Ross thought Flanagan was better option to start season is both bewildering and concerning.
I agree on Flanagan, the only possible thing I can think of to excuse Ross is that he sees Willis as his no 1 centre back and wanted him to play in his natural position on the right side and Ozrurk just can’t play left side so he opted for Flanagan.

Hopefully we settle on a back 4 now and Willis and Ozturk can start to build a partnership. I wouldn’t be surprised if we try to bring a left sided centre half in before the window shuts though but that is secondary in importance to a left back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back