Will the likes of Gardiner or Spellman get a chance?

Rambo Pumpkins

Full Back
Was looking at the u21s and the u18s, and was genuinely surprised at the number of forwards we have within 2 or 3 years of the ages of the first 11, and yet for all the goals Gardiner has scored Vs the amount Hemir has for the u21s, he's never really mentioned when people are clamouring for the likes of Mayender to be given a go.

Do you think there is anyone amongst our young forwards who will eventually make it into the first team that isn't a 'one for the future' that speakman has signed?

Gardiner is a good fox in the box at that level, don't think he's anywhere near stepping up to the first team though. Tutierov has a better chance, got a lot more about him but he still needs to fill out a bit.

More likely to get picked up by the likes of Brighton while we spend all our time hoping Bellingham becomes a 40m player
Gardiner is a good fox in the box at that level, don't think he's anywhere near stepping up to the first team though. Tutierov has a better chance, got a lot more about him but he still needs to fill out a bit.
I think there are games this season where bringing Gardiner on in the last few minutes could’ve been the difference between 1 point or zero.

We need an experienced striker, so let's give the even younger, less experienced kids a go :lol:
It's not necessarily as counterintuitive as you imagine, if you're getting nowt from someone then trying someone else younger won't break what you've got and age and experience become immaterial. Unless it's a toddler of course, that'd just be stupid.

More likely to get picked up by the likes of Brighton while we spend all our time hoping Bellingham becomes a 40m player

I think there are games this season where bringing Gardiner on in the last few minutes could’ve been the difference between 1 point or zero.
Definitely something in this, I've never seen the lad play but if he's a bit of a poacher and you're chasing a game with 10-15 minutes to go then there's no harm in giving him that chance.

I like the look of Spellman when I’ve seen him and I don’t see why young lads like him should be limited to PL2 when we are bringing in foreign kids with equivalent or less experience and ability to be in and around the first team squad on match days.

Both decent players who will hopefully make a career out of the game. Unfortunately not good enough to make it here.

Pleased Gardiner is out on loan doing it at a decent level. I would like him to get another deal here despite what I said.

Spellman should be out on loan.

Back