Will Still (managerial suggestion)

He seems to be very fashionable currently. I would love to see us get him, but can see one of the prem teams going for him.

Think our chance would like of been before we hired Beale, but tbh I do think it was too expensive, and don’t actually blame the club for not going for it.

I think the job is his to turn down and my gut feeling is he will only do that if he gets a prem job.
Only won 2 out of the last 10 league games, and both of those against teams fighting relegation. Looks like he has been found out a bit (as has Farioli). Can't see a Premier League team taking a risk on him at the minute.

Only won 2 out of the last 10 league games, and both of those against teams fighting relegation. Looks like he has been found out a bit (as has Farioli). Can't see a Premier League team taking a risk on him at the minute.

If they finish where they currently are, it will be their second highest finish since 1975.

He's done a really, really good job there especially considering the circumstances he took over in.

This business of honing his skills on football manager seems weird to me. Imagine if you were having an operation and your surgeon said he had honed his skills playing the operation board game😳

This isn’t the case though.

People have taken the Football Manager thing and ran with it. He’s just someone who works in football who played the game when he was younger.

If they finish where they currently are, it will be their second highest finish since 1975.

He's done a really, really good job there especially considering the circumstances he took over in.
They finished 5th in 19/20, 8th the year before. David Guion took them from 7th in the second division to 5th in Ligue 1 over 4 years never finishing lower than 8th. Still has taken Reims from 11th to 8th. Statistically Guion did a much better job than Still has (so far), but I don't see any Premier League teams after him.

Don't get me wrong, Still may turn out to be a great manager (hopefully for us) but his stats don't match the hype at the minute.
I honestly don't know who some are expecting tbh.
I was replying to someone who indicated a Premier League team may take him. He's not at that level yet. Our level, sure why not.

Last edited:
Que sera, sera as we know is whatever will be, will be. It is hardly an esta hecho (it's done). It doesn't suggest an agreement, more of a shrug of the shoulders.

Hopefully it's a wait and see.

They finished 5th in 19/20, 8th the year before. David Guion took them from 7th in the second division to 5th in Ligue 1 over 4 years never finishing lower than 8th. Still has taken Reims from 11th to 8th. Statistically Guion did a much better job than Still has (so far), but I don't see any Premier League teams after him.

Don't get me wrong, Still may turn out to be a great manager (hopefully for us) but his stats don't match the hype at the minute.

I was replying to someone who indicated a Premier League team may take him. He's not at that level yet. Our level, sure why not.
He must have something about him being linked to a premier league club.
This isn’t the case though.

People have taken the Football Manager thing and ran with it. He’s just someone who works in football who played the game when he was younger.
....apart from that though.

May just be a coincidence but their drop in form seemed to coincide with when he was first linked to us.

I don’t think he gets a prem job mind. My guy feeling is he’ll be here next season and I wouldn’t be shocked if more has gone on behind the scenes in preparation for his arrival than we realise.

Que sera, sera as we know is whatever will be, will be. It is hardly an esta hecho (it's done). It doesn't suggest an agreement, more of a shrug of the shoulders.

Hopefully it's a wait and see.
Don’t think he’d dare put anything too obvious after the grief he got from the french media when we were first linked

May just be a coincidence but their drop in form seemed to coincide with when he was first linked to us.

I don’t think he gets a prem job mind. My guy feeling is he’ll be here next season and I wouldn’t be shocked if more has gone on behind the scenes in preparation for his arrival than we realise.

Reims lost 5 (and an argument can be made for a 6th) key first team players to the AFCON around that time.

Back