Will Still interview in the Athletic

He mentions about wanting to be at a club that is ambitious, the frustration of having to sell players at Reims and that he will be openly honest and candid about club recruitment.

For all those reasons he’d find it hard here
Which players have we “had to sell”?

Complete myth. We got a fortune for a crock and yet still people go on about them selling all of our players.

The more I think about it, the more I think the plan was to try and get Still in the summer and Beale was just a stop gap. The fact they’ve got rid of him so quickly suggests the break clause in the contract wasnt that much and the long contract was just a smokescreen. Means Still is allowed to complete the season in France and then the compensation is much less.

He mentions about wanting to be at a club that is ambitious, the frustration of having to sell players at Reims and that he will be openly honest and candid about club recruitment.

For all those reasons he’d find it hard here
Don't think he would find it hard mate cos as soon as "the model" was fully explained to him he would probably knock the door off it's hinges trying to get out.
Sadly I can't see any young and upcoming head coach coming to us without a drastic change in the way things are run with speakman and co.

The more I think about it, the more I think the plan was to try and get Still in the summer and Beale was just a stop gap. The fact they’ve got rid of him so quickly suggests the break clause in the contract wasnt that much and the long contract was just a smokescreen. Means Still is allowed to complete the season in France and then the compensation is much less.
Well if that's the case why did they not just stick with Dodds till end of season before getting Beale ?

Which players have we “had to sell”?

Complete myth. We got a fortune for a crock and yet still people go on about them selling all of our players.
That’s coming in summer but just part of life for everyone outside and the top six in the premier league and occasionally them too. It’s not signing the players we had to sign that’s the issue. Hopefully addressed in summer.

He’ll end up somewhere like Hull or West Brom, clubs that actually make an attempt to get promoted.
Both those clubs look ambitious right now, but how ambitious they’ll look if they don’t get promoted & taken over, they’ll be in a world of pain.

I know sustainability isn’t exciting, I know we’re not moving as fast as people want us to, but fuck me, both could be on the absolute bottom next year because they’ve been ran shit for years. Ambition seems to be a very short term thing in some cases, but also a huge gamble. Let’s face it & make peace with it, we’re not gambling.

Back