Will satori end up with a bigger stake in the club if we get promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.
And eventually being the majority shareholder in the long run.

Was that Donald's long term plan for the club He buys it pretty cheap has the funds to run it in league 1 and possibly the championship, then sells it for a little profit to someone like satori and his family knowing they have the financial clout to take the club further.

I think that's the plan Imo

And eventually being the majority shareholder in the long run.

Was that Donald's long term plan for the club He buys it pretty cheap has the funds to run it in league 1 and possibly the championship, then sells it for a little profit to someone like satori and his family knowing they have the financial clout to take the club further.

I think that's the plan Imo
No shit Sherlock :lol:

It's obvious that Stewart and Charlie are far from sure they have financial firepower for the Premier League.

Donald on podcast pretty much described a plan where they sort out the rot at the club and once it's all efficient and steady again it gets handed over to Satori to activate the afterburners with possibly his family also getting involved - if it's a club that suits them.

I wouldn't just assume that the extended family involvement is a given. SD said they were looking for a club in English football. But that might be something alot bigger than us for all we know.

But he also said Satori knows billionaires and would find one no bother.

It's all promising, but there is alot of immediate work first. And SD and Charlie seem perfect for us at present. So let's just stick to the immediate for now.

Could imagine down the line if things go to plan,that he would end up the biggest shareholder,with Donald and Methven having a smaller percentage of the club.

Sell for a little profit? He will make a handsome profit if we get back to the big time, what a project (hate that expression when talking about our club) but that’s what it is!

It's obvious that Stewart and Charlie are far from sure they have financial firepower for the Premier League.

Donald on podcast pretty much described a plan where they sort out the rot at the club and once it's all efficient and steady again it gets handed over to Satori to activate the afterburners with possibly his family also getting involved - if it's a club that suits them.

I wouldn't just assume that the extended family involvement is a given. SD said they were looking for a club in English football. But that might be something alot bigger than us for all we know.

But he also said Satori knows billionaires and would find one no bother.

It's all promising, but there is alot of immediate work first. And SD and Charlie seem perfect for us at present. So let's just stick to the immediate for now.

He did say aswell, that Juan was in it for the journey. He tried to buy into Oxford before the chairman decided to not sell. And when he came up to Sunderland to have a look around, he thought Sunderland is a Top 10 Premier League club, and one of the top 20 of Europe.

Im hoping SD and CM can get the club onto the right track of being financially stable, a great feeling around the place again, and Juan will convince wife and Father in Law to jump in. Judging from the podcast, I think that was what SD was hoping for. He knows he can only take us so far.

it's pretty obvious from the way SD talks that him and Charlie don't have alot of capital behind them and are concentrating on getting the club self sustainable in the short to mid term

he'd surely like to stay involved long term but he knows if/when we get back to the premierleague he doesn't have the financial clout to fund much of a push. getting Juan involved at this stage and sounds like the long term plan will be for him and his family to get on board and effectively takeover

premierleague champions within 7 years i reckon ;)

The thing is though these days, 18 or 19 out of 20 premier league clubs are ran as profitiable. Exactly as Bob Murray did years ago. Unfortunately at that time clubs were plunging themselves into debt to get established in premier league.

In theory SD shouldn't need to pump much in as long as it is ran well.

I've said time and time again. Bob Murray ran Sunderland within its means and it was a yo-yo club. So there is no reason why SD and Charlie can't at very least achieve the same.

The hard bit is getting the first promotion. But once you do you are then guaranteed £160m in parachute payments to yoyo back again.

So he only needs the financial clout for the first promotion really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back