Will I lose much muscle cycling 12 miles in total per day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to cycle to work and gym each day which is 12 miles in total. I want to lose a bit bodyfat so hope it does that rather than muscle.

Depends. Do some weights as well as just the cycling and eat plenty of protein. As long as you're eating enough calories you shouldn't lose too much muscle.

cycling mimics the squat in a way, so it might improve your legs.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

and worra vain bender you are.

I will be doing my normal weights routine, just adding 12 miles of cycling per day. Hopefully if I eat right I will lose bodyfat and maintain muscle.

I will be doing my normal weights routine, just adding 12 miles of cycling per day. Hopefully if I eat right I will lose bodyfat and maintain muscle.

Should do. If you're eating a calorific defecit (ie eating less than you burn off) you might lose some muscle but with the right diet you should be able to minimise it.

No reason you should lose any muscle mass.....I run around 10 miles a day on average and dont lose muscle size. The key is losing weight slowly (couple of pounds a week)

Should do. If you're eating a calorific defecit (ie eating less than you burn off) you might lose some muscle but with the right diet you should be able to minimise it.

This.

Slight caloric deficit with more protein than you'd generally take in if you were trying to add muscle.

Will lose very little body fat, perhaps a small amount to start with but that's all. Cycling 12 miles per day & the body will quickly become adjusted to the new regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back