Will Grigg to celebrate a goal with the fans tonight

He needs to score before he celebrates....he needs to look for the ball before he scores...he needs to run into that space like a striker who wants to get that extra yard and have the determination to put it in the back of the net.........see what I’m getting at.....will he do it 🤷‍♂️

Me and people around me must be watching different matches mara. The times we twist about us hoofing the ball up the pitch is rediculous.

Don't deny we play a lot of long balls but the amount of times he could contest a ball below knee height and he just doesn't bother is pathetic. He just doesn't want to try

It's not so much the fact he's shite, it's the shear lack of any sort of effort to put it right on the pitch. He puts absofuckinglutely no effort in whatsoever. When I play badly with my mates I get stuck in more, he just f***ing drops his shoulders and sits on his arse letting anyone and everyone walk all over him. It's f***ing pathetic to watch

Frustration makes most people angry and do stupid things/make mistakes. He just sits in the corner with his thumb up his arse
Couldn't agree more

Don't deny we play a lot of long balls but the amount of times he could contest a ball below knee height and he just doesn't bother is pathetic. He just doesn't want to try
It’s up to the manager and coaches to work with him and get him going. Sure he’s a much better player than he’s showing. Don’t believe all the hype on here that he is just not trying. As I mentioned earlier needs a big man along side him. Like Quinn and Philips ( not saying he’s in their class mind) Clearly got a confidence problem. But we need to get him going.

It’s up to the manager and coaches to work with him and get him going. Sure he’s a much better player than he’s showing. Don’t believe all the hype on here that he is just not trying. As I mentioned earlier needs a big man along side him. Like Quinn and Philips ( not saying he’s in their class mind) Clearly got a confidence problem. But we need to get him going.
Yet he says he is used to being a lone targetman.

First quotes in the article say Parkinson THINKS...

Therefore it’s just his opinion/take on the reasoning for Grigg being shite. The drought and lack of effort will no doubt continue this eve and beyond

Needs a big man? He scored his goals playing as a lone striker for Wigan with three attacking midfielders behind. His ex-manager said it's the best way to play him, his former supporters say he's shite playing with another striker
Never heard that and very surprised. A lone striker he definitely isn’t.

According to Wigan's fans and managers he is

Needs a big man? He scored his goals playing as a lone striker for Wigan with three attacking midfielders behind. His ex-manager said it's the best way to play him, his former supporters say he's shite playing with another striker

According to Wigan's fans and managers he is
Never seen that anywhere. Not convinced about that from what I’ve seen. Looks anything but a target man to me. So if he is it definitely isn’t working.

Parky reckons Grigg does want to be here; he's just frustrated:

That being the case, I hope he works his balls off tonight.
I hope he gets a goal to give himself a boost.
I hope when he scores he celebrates his joy with the fans. Nothing fancy or poncy; just a straight up run to the away supporters, arms raised and smiling will do me nicely.
he's gotta score 1st mate ;)

Some signings just don't work out for whatever reason. As someone already mentioned, his open goal miss against Blackpool set the tone and he has struggled ever since.

We are all hoping he will score a couple and the floodgates will open, but he's not even playing well (he was when he first arrived, imo).

Can't think of many examples of players who struggled then turned it around. Nyron is one, but that was purely due to Keane coming in and working with him.

Back